Should the Superbowl players play in the Pro bowl

• Yep - Let 'em take a chance on getting beat up just like everyone else

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Nope - protect them from the violence of the Pro Bowl

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Rael

Supper's Ready
I like the idea of "All Pro" status, but don't think a Pro bowl game is necessary to be recognized as the best. I just don't see the AFC or NFC as any kind of "team", it's just a group of individuals, a display that weakens the meaning of a great team sport like football. :shrug:

edit: Oops, didn't wait for the poll before commenting. :lol: But I definitely don't think Super Bowl players should play in this colossal waste called the Pro Bowl.

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I thought the pro bowl usually came after the super bowl.

As far as I can remember, it was. This is the first year to my knowledge they're doing it before. I'm guessing ratings suffer after the SB.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I totally agree that the Pro Bowl is basically irrevelant, but if the NFL is going to move the date around for marketing reasons then don't water the game down by padding part of the roster.

It's already 'powder-puff' enough.
Let all the players take it on the chin.
If I recall, it's not really a ruff and tumble game anyhow.
Just sort of a paid vacation for a select few.

Nevermind the part in the poll that mentions 'violence' (just a bit of sarcasm):lmao:

Last edited:

donbarzini

I totally agree that the Pro Bowl is basically irrevelant, but if the NFL is going to move the date around for marketing reasons then don't water the game down by padding part of the roster.

It's already 'powder-puff' enough.
Let all the players take it on the chin.
If I recall, it's not really a ruff and tumble game anyhow.
Just sort of a paid vacation for a select few.

Nevermind the part in the poll that mentions 'violence' (just a bit of sarcasm):lmao:

Tell that to the Patriots. They lost a rookie running back to a blown knee in one of the peripheral gimmick things that they did prior to the game. They decided to have a flag football game for all the rookies in attendance on the beach. The kid was from Georgia(?) and I can't remember his name. His injury actually slowed their march to the Super Bowl

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tell that to the Patriots. They lost a rookie running back to a blown knee in one of the peripheral gimmick things that they did prior to the game. They decided to have a flag football game for all the rookies in attendance on the beach. The kid was from Georgia(?) and I can't remember his name. His injury actually slowed their march to the Super Bowl

So is the Pro Bowl a peripheral gimmick or a bonafide NFL game ?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
So is the Pro Bowl a peripheral gimmick or a bonafide NFL game ?
Does it make a difference on anyone's record? I am sure the players like it because it looks good on their resumé. Given the light-hearted tone and attitude of all involved - players, announcers, and fans, I think it has to be considered a gimmick; kind of like the Hall of Fame game.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ax men is lot more entertaining, and no multi Millionaire prima-donnas...

The screaming wet logger is on too!!

thurley42

HY;FR
They are going back to the week after and Hawaii next year
r. The winning team gets a bonus of like a hundred grand a player or something not sure o the exact amount.