Pro sports implodes

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NFL...ESPN...NBA...transgenders dominating women's sports...

Not that I care - I think they're all a bunch of overpaid overadulated thugs anyway - but I'm surprised you mens (and wimmens, but most football and bball fans are men) are allowing this. Not to be the local scold or anything, but if you took your money and eyes away from them, they'd stop being such political nozzles and straighten their asses out. I find it hard to believe that their "values" are such that they'd go broke for them.

Why are sports fans allowing their entertainment to become politicized and anti-American? Or are they just unaware of it?

stgislander

PREMO Member

Not that I care - I think they're all a bunch of overpaid overadulated thugs anyway - but I'm surprised you mens (and wimmens, but most football and bball fans are men) are allowing this. Not to be the local scold or anything, but if you took your money and eyes away from them, they'd stop being such political nozzles and straighten their asses out. I find it hard to believe that their "values" are such that they'd go broke for them.

Why are sports fans allowing their entertainment to become politicized and anti-American? Or are they just unaware of it?
That's why the only sport I watch is NASCAR. It's politicized PRO-American.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Not sure they are.

My sense is that the individual fan's voice is drowned out by pro sports corporate sponsorship (--> the push for advertising in the stadiums, corporate luxury boxes, etc.; sports leagues know who's really paying the bills and why the NFL, for example, can keep raking in the $$$ as the stands continue to show more and more empty seats).

An enabling relationship between woke corporatism and woke professional sports.

That's why the only sport I watch is NASCAR. It's politicized PRO-American.
Not so much anymore with its retreat from a pro-2A mentality. Just like Nashville (i.e., much of country music).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
[QUOTE="Yooper, post: 6052969, member: 80098"
Not so much anymore with its retreat from a pro-2A Mentality. Just like Nashville (i.e., much of country music).
[/QUOTE]
Possibly with younger fans. The NRA is still an Associate Sponsor of the Bristol night race.l

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Let's add this:

A short post, so here's the entirety of it:
Perhaps we could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble, and NBA chief Adam Silver would not have had to spend time revising and extending his remarks, if someone had just told Adam up front that men cannot use the ladies’ room in China. That affront to humanity was enough for NBA’s social justice warriors to put the hex on North Carolina.

The entire dreary episode of kowtowing to a brutal dictatorship for money – and trying to pretend that you aren’t — should remind us of the punch line to the old joke: “We know what you are, and we know what your price is.”

--- End of line (MCP)

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Nothing says pro American like a Toyota.
Have you noticed, only one top tier team runs Toyotas, and the few second tier teams that run Toyotas all have an alliance with that same top tier team.

And no, making them here doesn't cut it when every penny of profit goes right back to Japan. Just my ¢.02.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick

Haven't watch a NFL game since the Super Bowl, and that was only to watch Tom Brady beat the wiz kid.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Have you noticed, only one top tier team runs Toyotas, and the few second tier teams that run Toyotas all have an alliance with that same top tier team.

And no, making them here doesn't cut it when every penny of profit goes right back to Japan. Just my ¢.02.
Sorry @AnthonyJames, Dodge ain't coming back to NASCAR. And all those American Toyota employees and still putting $$$ back into the American economy.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Sorry @AnthonyJames, Dodge ain't coming back to NASCAR. And all those American Toyota employees and still putting $$$ back into the American economy.
Not that I mentioned anything about Dodge, but they have talked about coming back. But to address Toyota, yes of course the employees do, they live here, but again, every cent of profit goes back to Japan.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Not at all, Toyota ( symbol TM) is traded on the New York Stock Exchange, the shareholders (many Americans) get profits from Toyota as it is in many retirement accounts of Americans.
You get dividends from buying their stock which you paid for, that's part of their operating expenses, not their profit. Anything reinvested here is to lower their tax burden and contribute to their profit.

transporter

If you don't care, why in the hell do you keep posting about it????

"Spitbubble"...perhaps on of the most well earned monikers of all time!!

PeoplesElbow

You get dividends from buying their stock which you paid for, that's part of their operating expenses, not their profit. Anything reinvested here is to lower their tax burden and contribute to their profit.
Dividends are a distribution of profit, not an operating expense.

What do you think a large publicly traded company does with profits other than distributes them or tucks them away as cash. CEO pay, that is an operating expense, reinvest in business, operating expense, buybacks, operating expense, acquisitions operating expense.

What exactly do you think Ford or GM do with profits that Toyota does not? Where do you think they go?