Problem after loading graphics driver

BuckinRut

I downloaded my latest graphics driver and it will not let me do a rollback. So now I am stuck with a flickering or blinking screen. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

I tried uninstalling the graphics card all together and it still comes up with that same update and blinking screen. I'm havin a brainfart guys. Help...

Thanks!

BuckinRut

Try and load it in safe mode and then do a system restore!

Unfortunately that didn't work either. Any other ideas?

I have tried downloading the original driver from the website and that won't work either. I am beginning to think I'm screwed. Got a tech ticket into Nvidia. Hopefully they can shed some light.

dn0121

go into safe mode and remove it from hardware manager. also delete the files you downloaded. check the inf folder too, but usually you can get away with leaving that. when you reboot and it prompts for the files point it to the good driver.

you're not stuck you just have to do different things.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
go into safe mode and remove it from hardware manager. also delete the files you downloaded. check the inf folder too, but usually you can get away with leaving that. when you reboot and it prompts for the files point it to the good driver.

Agree, I would remove all the software using the "add/remove programs" but I would reload the VID drivers using the original drivers that came with the card. It has been my experience to never upgrade VID drivers unless you completely remove the old ones first!

BuckinRut

That worked. :yay: Thanks!

BuckinRut

I usually go by the plan if it ain't broke don't fix it, but a program called for the new driver so I went and got it. BIG mistake! Now I have fixed the program to run with the original driver. :yay:

BuckinRut

would it allow you to adjust the refresh rate? that can be the cause of flickering.

Tried that it was a no go, still flickered. I think it was just a conflict in the driver and 7RC. Maybe if this was the full version of 7 it would have worked. Who knows?

E

EmptyTimCup

Tried that it was a no go, still flickered. I think it was just a conflict in the driver and 7RC. Maybe if this was the full version of 7 it would have worked. Who knows?

when replacing drivers it is recommended to uninstall the old one and the reboot and run the new package ........

:popcorn: