Professional Production of “Nunsense” Coming to Leonardtown March 16, 17

David

Opinions are my own...
Staff member
PREMO Member
Priest and Secular Franciscan Who Met in Maryland Seminary to Mount Production at St. Francis Xavier

Presented by Our Cabaret Productions, "Nunsense" will be live on-stage at St. Francis Xavier Parish Hall March 16th at 7:00 p.m. and March 17th at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are
$20 through Brown Paper Tickets or $25 at the door. Funds raised through ticket sales will benefit St. Francis Xavier Parish.

"Nunsense" begins when the Little Sisters of Hoboken discover that their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters, and they are in dire need of funds for the burials. The sisters decide that the best way to raise the money is to put on a variety show, so they take over the school auditorium which is currently set up for the eighth-grade production of Grease.

John Baldino of Our Cabaret Productions joins the cast once again as Sister Mary Hubert. "Our approach to the show is true to writer Dan Goggin's original intentions: to be respectful and real. We show the humor of nuns and present the characters as real people. Through that we find love and laughs." Baldino adds, "My Catholic upbringing, close work with priests and religious theological studies, and profession to the Secular Franciscan Order give me a unique appreciation to the role."

Baldino, who came to know Fr. Rob Maro of St. Francis Xavier Parish in seminary, is now partnering with him for the event. The two met at Mount St. Mary's Seminary in 2010 and had a lot in common, including finding their calling later in life. "We quickly became friends", Fr. Maro says of Baldino who left seminary just over a year later. "We stayed in touch and I always heard him talk about Our Cabaret Productions and 'Nunsense'. I told him I wanted to bring it to my parish."

Fr. Maro hopes the event will help foster a sense of community within the parish and bring the wider community together. "We have three Masses here. People who go to one Mass might not see parishioners who attend the other Masses. I think this is a fun way for people to get to know each other outside of Mass. Also, my hope is that somebody who may not come to church for any other reason, will see the show and come back for Mass and other events. I want to reach the wider community as well, and bring people together."

Our Cabaret Productions is an ASCAP-licensed, non-Equity, professional theatrical production company based in Scranton, Pennsylvania. In operation since 2005, the company produces cabaret shows and several incarnations of Dan Goggin's "Nunsense" as fundraising events.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
Staff member
PREMO Member
I'm going to shout out for this one. If you've never seen Nunsense, make plans to do so. EXCELLENT!!

David

Opinions are my own...
Staff member
PREMO Member
I just added the address/map and the link for tickets online is: