Progressives Want Democratic Party To Purge Remaining Pro-Lifers

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"I think we should allow for strong primary challenges, so that people can really put their Democratic chops on the line, if you will, and let the Democratic voters decide who they want," Jayapal told a press conference. "You can't say you're a Democrat if you're against immigrants, if you're against abortion, if you're against gay marriage and LGBTQ rights. I'm not sure what it means to be a Democrat if all of those things are true."

She then issued her challenge.

"I understand that the DCCC is funded by—we are a membership organization—it's funded by our members. And I understand that the DCCC is often going to try to protect the incumbent,” Jayapal concluded. "But I do think we have to look at all of these issues and think about what it means to be a Democrat.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47407/progressives-want-democratic-party-purge-remaining-emily-zanotti

SamSpade

I guess what this illustrates is something we all realize and shrug our shoulders over - but when you cast your ballot - you're not going to be voting for a person, but their party. It doesn't matter whose name is up there - just the letter after it.

This is a reality, but in the past, there have always been regional differences, because people in different parts of the country are going to have different points of view regardless of party. For instance, in much of the South, and Texas, it's not unusual for a Democrat to at least RUN on being for gun rights. Why? Because it's the kind of issue that does NOT divide the population you're representing - there's no need to make yourself different over an issue most of your constituents agree on, whatever their party.

If you start deciding that the entire party must be in agreement on every single issue, you're just creating an opening for someone in ANOTHER party.

(I also like the black and white way the issues are represented - conflating "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant" and making the other issues as being for or against, when the details people differ on are all in between).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
(I also like the black and white way the issues are represented - conflating "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant" and making the other issues as being for or against, when the details people differ on are all in between).

naa Sam if you are not for unfettered immigration YOU Hate Brown People