propane oil

music

I just bought a house in July and it has a gas oven. The tank looks like a propane tank and the settlement states it is a propane tank. Any recommendations on getting it filled? I'm out and didn't realize it until I tried to make breakfast this am. TIA

Propane is gas... not oil. Do you own the tanks our-right or do you rent them from the last company that filled them up? I would think there is some sort of identifying info label on the tank as to who filled them last.

J

jp2854

i would call taylor gas and see if they can come fill you up. I think that is propane but I could be wrong.

Cletus_Vandam

kwilla is right. You need to find out whether or not the tank is rented or not.

If memory serves though, when I got my tank 5 years ago, everyone renting them wouldn't bury a rented tank..... I might be wrong though.

nomoney

chances are if you bought the house and someone didn't come pick up the tanks they are yours. (i.e. you own them and aren't renting them). If you were renting them they'd be coming out on a schedule to fill them up. Call Taylor gas or United and they can come out and fill ya up.

C

CalvertNewbie

I just bought a house in July and it has a gas oven. The tank looks like a propane tank and the settlement states it is a propane tank. Any recommendations on getting it filled? I'm out and didn't realize it until I tried to make breakfast this am. TIA

We use United Propane and they were really helpful when we moved here. Never dealt with propane delivery before so I was clueless. :lol: They looked up our address and confirmed that they had delivered to this house for years and that we owned the tank.

After a year here, we set up budget billing so we pay a set amount 10 months a year. They deliver once a month from October - May or June. I nearly had a heart attack when we received the first bill shortly after moving here and getting that first delivery! :faint:

music

We use United Propane and they were really helpful when we moved here. Never dealt with propane delivery before so I was clueless. :lol: They looked up our address and confirmed that they had delivered to this house for years and that we owned the tank.

After a year here, we set up budget billing so we pay a set amount 10 months a year. They deliver once a month from October - May or June. I nearly had a heart attack when we received the first bill shortly after moving here and getting that first delivery! :faint:

Well, I called the company listed on the side of the tank. I didn't realize it was leased, my contract stated that I would own the tank, but I don't. So they are coming to deliver the gas when I sign the contract agreement, thankfully it is only for my gas stove.

T

toppick08

Propane is gas... not oil. Do you own the tanks our-right or do you rent them from the last company that filled them up? I would think there is some sort of identifying info label on the tank as to who filled them last.

It is made from oil......:whistle:

Homer J

Power Chord
It is made from oil......:whistle:

Actually it is.
Propane is a three-carbon alkane, normally a gas, but compressible to a transportable liquid. It is derived from other petroleum products during oil or natural gas processing. It is commonly used as a fuel for engines, oxy-gas torches, barbecues, portable stoves and residential central heating.
Propane

I did not know that.