Propane service

birdman

I bought a house in November...it had a propane tank when I moved in, owned by Suburban Propane. I believe the gas in it is paid for, and it obviously would have transferred to my ownership when the house sold. I just got a note on my front porch saying that they turned my gas off because I have not established an account with them. I only use gas for a fireplace so I'm in no hurry to get it turned back on. So, I was curious what my options are. I hate the idea of paying someone just to use their tank...that is crazy. I'm not sure if this would even work, but Lowes sells 100 lb tanks for like $80. Anyone go this route? I've read that Taylor Gas is good....anyone know how much it is to purchase a large tank from them or anyone else? Is it true that it is cheaper per gallon if you own your own tank? If I tell Suburban to come get their crap, I wonder if they will pay me for the gas that's in the tank.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
birdman said:
I bought a house in November...it had a propane tank when I moved in, owned by Suburban Propane. I believe the gas in it is paid for, and it obviously would have transferred to my ownership when the house sold. I just got a note on my front porch saying that they turned my gas off because I have not established an account with them. I only use gas for a fireplace so I'm in no hurry to get it turned back on. So, I was curious what my options are. I hate the idea of paying someone just to use their tank...that is crazy. I'm not sure if this would even work, but Lowes sells 100 lb tanks for like $80. Anyone go this route? I've read that Taylor Gas is good....anyone know how much it is to purchase a large tank from them or anyone else? Is it true that it is cheaper per gallon if you own your own tank? If I tell Suburban to come get their crap, I wonder if they will pay me for the gas that's in the tank.

I worked for Suburban Propane for a LONG time. While I love the people, I can tell you that they are the most expensive propane company in the area.

The propane itself is not cheaper just because you own your tank, but you'll save on tank rental. They aren't going to reimburse you for the gas already there. They will credit it to the account it's under.

Call Suburban and tell them to pick up their junk...Go to Lowes..buy yourself a 100lb tank and call Taylor Gas. That's my advice.

Last edited:

Jameo

What?!
MysticalMom said:
I can tell you that they are the most expensive propane company in the area.

Tell me about it :faint: I just called them suckers a few minutes ago and told'em to disconnect my tanks and come get their crap :yahoo: (I'm moving and don't need 'em any more)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Jameo said:
Tell me about it :faint: I just called them suckers a few minutes ago and told'em to disconnect my tanks and come get their crap :yahoo: (I'm moving and don't need 'em any more)

You're leaving your banana box?