Property Tax Assessment

stgislander

PREMO Member
Received my new property tax assessment today. Thank you St Marys County for increasing my assessed value 12.67%.
icon_rant.gif

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, that sucks. :ohwell:
Been waiting for mine.

I did something really stupid. I always pay my taxes in August, and balance Dec 1. Done that for years and years. Got my bill, and for some reason, put it in the envelope for 2022 taxes and forgot it. Was looking at another website and they were talking about 2022 taxes, and I just about crapped when I remembered my own. Found the bill, called, got the new values for late payment :doh: and immediately paid it off. I've never done that before.

Grumpy

Well, that sucks. :ohwell:
Been waiting for mine.

I did something really stupid. I always pay my taxes in August, and balance Dec 1. Done that for years and years. Got my bill, and for some reason, put it in the envelope for 2022 taxes and forgot it. Was looking at another website and they were talking about 2022 taxes, and I just about crapped when I remembered my own. Found the bill, called, got the new values for late payment :doh: and immediately paid it off. I've never done that before.
Only time I had to deal with the IRS I got lucky. The IRS guy I dealt with hated the IRS worse than I and gave me a break.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Only time I had to deal with the IRS I got lucky. The IRS guy I dealt with hated the IRS worse than I and gave me a break.
Fortunately, this was just the St. Marys property taxes. Christine Kelly herself answered the phone and was very pleasant.

ontheriver

I got my new assessment for my 5 acre lot in 2nd District. Up about 12 percent as well. I think my residence was reassessed last year. IIRC they reassess every 3 years.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I got my new assessment for my 5 acre lot in 2nd District. Up about 12 percent as well. I think my residence was reassessed last year. IIRC they reassess every 3 years.
That's correct.

SMC must be trying to make up for lost revenue due to Covid lockdowns..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Higher assessments are related to higher inflation caused by loose monetary polices goosed by low interest rates creating higher prices for houses. Did anyone's income increase 12%?