Prostate Cancer

wintersprings

If you get a PSA above 4, they send you out for a biopsy. Mine was positive, 2 years ago, but then the fun begins.

If you live in Europe or Canada, then your only option is surgery. Its that Socialized Medicine they all love.

In the usa we have 3 Proton Centers, and many folks go for Radioactive seeds.

So you have 3 choices. 1) Surgery, 2) Protons, and 3) Seeds. Look at your options, research, and see more than one doctor (I saw 5, before going with Proton Therapy.).

My favorite web site is www.protonbob.com

C

campinmutt

congrats on the remission. My father in law went to hopkins...first nerve sparing surgery then 38 radiation treatments...so far his psa is 0...hope it stays there

wintersprings

congrats on the remission. My father in law went to hopkins...first nerve sparing surgery then 38 radiation treatments...so far his psa is 0...hope it stays there

I had 44 Proton Radiation treatments. Protons are more focused, so its like Star Trek, they beam the Cancer and the Prostrate dies.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If you get a PSA above 4, they send you out for a biopsy. Mine was positive, 2 years ago, but then the fun begins.

If you live in Europe or Canada, then your only option is surgery. Its that Socialized Medicine they all love.

In the usa we have 3 Proton Centers, and many folks go for Radioactive seeds.

So you have 3 choices. 1) Surgery, 2) Protons, and 3) Seeds. Look at your options, research, and see more than one doctor (I saw 5, before going with Proton Therapy.).

My favorite web site is www.protonbob.com

"CHANGE" is coming to America.

Hope you're doing well. I'm getting close to that age. Glad to know what options MIGHT still be available.

wintersprings

"CHANGE" is coming to America.

Hope you're doing well. I'm getting close to that age. Glad to know what options MIGHT still be available.

I got it at 52, at rare 7% chance for my age group. By age 80 you have a 90% chance so thats why most Socialized Countries do not test.

It saves money with no Cancer tests for men, gee they do it for women, and it saves money to not have to fix anything.

By the way the costs as best I can see:

1) Surgery - up to 30K
2) Protons - mine was 110K
3) Seeds - cheep, down around 10K

JimW711

Driving the Z
I got it at 52, at rare 7% chance for my age group. By age 80 you have a 90% chance so thats why most Socialized Countries do not test.

It saves money with no Cancer tests for men, gee they do it for women, and it saves money to not have to fix anything.

1) Surgery - up to 30K

I found out back in February that I had it after the biopsies showed 6 positive out of 12. I was advised at that time that it was Stage 1 and that I had enough time to make my decisiion.

I decided on getting the radiation as opposed to the surgery and at 56 years of age my urologist and Oncologist both recomended against the seed implants because I'm still young. HAHAHA!!!

I just finished my last treatment today and all I'm dealing with now are the side effects caused by the radiation.

I've seen some of the Care First/Blue Choice explanation of benefit forms that have come in and it hasn't been cheap by any means, but with my coverage I haven't been responsible for a dime.

PsyOps

Pixelated

1) Surgery - up to 30K

I'm on TriCare. Unless our government screws around with military retiree benefits I wont have to pay a dime. They have been great when it comes to coverage.

wintersprings

I found out back in February that I had it after the biopsies showed 6 positive out of 12. I was advised at that time that it was Stage 1 and that I had enough time to make my decisiion.

I decided on getting the radiation as opposed to the surgery and at 56 years of age my urologist and Oncologist both recomended against the seed implants because I'm still young. HAHAHA!!!

I just finished my last treatment today and all I'm dealing with now are the side effects caused by the radiation.

I've seen some of the Care First/Blue Choice explanation of benefit forms that have come in and it hasn't been cheap by any means, but with my coverage I haven't been responsible for a dime.

Where did you get treated? I had 44 trips to the room at Loma Linda, with some burn marks on both hips. So a total of 82 Rads, I think of radiation.