Protesters Breach Capital Building

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Don't recall you being such a fan of rule of law during all of BLM's and Antifas burning, looting, maiming and murdering.
Nora O'Donnell on CBS was prattling on and on about how this is totally illegal, destruction of property, and shame on the Prez for not denouncing it. And I'm thinking... where were her comments during the riots in Oregon, Washington, etc....? I used to like CBS news, but their obvious bias is really sickening.

Toxick

Splat
So... I've been working - and suddenly I look up for a few minutes and the Capitol is overrun by screeching troglodytes.

While I do not endorse this chaos, one thing strikes me like nothing I can even verbalize..

The VERY SAME PEOPLE who cheered on BLM and Antifa when they were burning down cities this summer have completely lost their shit over this. Just a few short months ago, I was reading people who, while tucked away nice and safe in their living rooms, were waxing philosophical about how the victims of the riots were getting what they deserve and protesting is our duty as Americans! Now that the protests are going against something they like, the amount of bullshit spewing out of their ****-garages is STAGGERING.

Even I am surprised by the unfathomable volume of self unawareness.

I thought I couldn't be surprised by that any more; I shouldn't be - but I admit, I'm stunned.

The sheer amount of people who endorse violence WHEN IT SUITS THEIR AGENDA makes me want to throw up like three gallons of sick pukey vomit.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The sheer amount of people who endorse violence WHEN IT SUITS THEIR AGENDA makes me want to throw up like three gallons of sick pukey vomit.
Nailed it. It is now in their backyard, not some town on the west coast thousands of miles away, and they are personally affected.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, this crap makes us look like Venezuela. I'm goddamned ashamed to see this crap.

See, and I think we've been leading up to a revolt for awhile now. I'm surprised it took so long.

What are you supposed to do when your government completely subjugates the People and thwarts our Constitutional protections in their powermongering and dystopian fascism? Just shrug and go oh well?

Rebellion doesn't make me ashamed at all. It makes me proud to be an American.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So you think this is it, time to overthrow government? What they hell do you think is ready to replace it?

Freedom is messy and not cheap.

Didn't you ever have an American History class?

But you can relax. The Gestapo will be along shortly to open fire and kill every one of them, and then we can have our grafty corrupt politics as usual fascism that everyone seems to love so very very much.

SkylarkTempest

Don't recall you being such a fan of rule of law during all of BLM's and Antifas burning, looting, maiming and murdering.

You don't? Mmm..I don't recall ever weighing in on the subject, perhaps because it goes without saying that the rule of law is one (or should be one) of our unquestionable values. But by all means, quote me.

For the record though, ANYONE involved in vandalism or violence should be prosecuted. For example, I think the anarchist fools in Portland should be rounded up and locked away.