Proverbs 9 Don't poke

seekeroftruth

Proverbs 9:7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.
This is from the easy English site.

Some people will never listen to you. They refuse to follow advice. They refuse all correction.​
Perhaps, you think that you are wise. Here is a test for you. A wise man loves the person who corrects him. A wise man learns from the person who sees his (the wise man’s) errors. If you love such a person then you are really wise.​
Oh I know this type.... they are right and everyone else is wrong.... completely.

I told you some about a couple of white racists I've known. They are working with another woman in our neighborhood. As far as I can tell, this woman is not a racist and her heart is in the right place..... but she is very set in her ways. She didn't like the way she was treated at a game time.... so she took it off the schedule. She didn't talk to the ladies involved... she made an executive decision. Apparently this was not her only executive decision.

When the number of participants started to dwindle... she posed the question in the monthly newsletter. Someone anonymously posted a really personal and very nasty reply on the bulletin board. She didn't deserve that.... she takes a lot of time out of her schedule every month to organize pot lucks, birthday parties, and special events for people who can't get around much anymore. The work that woman does is heartfelt and giving. She listens to people and takes their advice.

My neighbor is a wise woman. She knows she has been corrected. I bet she'll work it out.

☕