4 “Let all who are simple come to my house!”
To those who have no sense she says,
5 “Come, eat my food
and drink the wine I have mixed.
6 Leave your simple ways and you will live;
walk in the way of insight.”
a. Proverbs 9:1 Septuagint, Syriac and Targum; Hebrew has hewn out

This is from the easy English site.

The woman, called Wisdom, has worked hard. She has decided to invite guests. She has even built a special house to give them a special welcome. The house has 7 columns, so it is large. It is complete, and it is perfect. The number 7 may refer to the 7 instructions in verses 6-12.​
Everything is ready. The woman, Wisdom, has made a great meal for her guests. Her guests will not remain hungry. Wisdom has prepared everything that they need.
God provides the things that we need. Paul wrote, ‘My God will provide everything that you need. He will do this from the riches that are in Jesus.’ (Philippians 4:19) Jesus said, ‘Look at the birds! They do not grow their own food. However, God feeds them. You are more valuable than the birds.’ (Matthew 6:26)​
The Bible compares heaven with an invitation to a meal. ‘The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let everyone who hears repeat, “Come!” If you need to drink, then come! Take the free gift of the water of life!’ (Revelation 22:17) ‘Come, if you need to drink! Come to the water! If you have no money, then still come! Without any money, you can buy and you can eat! Buy wine and milk! You do not need money, because there is no cost.’ (Isaiah 55:1)​
The servants of Wisdom (the woman) go to fetch the guests. Wisdom herself has invited the guests. Everyone can hear her message because everyone must choose whether to learn to be wise.
In Luke 14:15-24, Jesus told a story about a meal. A man invited all his friends to a great meal, but they all refused. The man was very angry. If his friends would not come, then other people must enjoy his great meal. He invited poor people and ill people. He invited blind people. He invited people who could not walk. Everybody was welcome.
Jesus’ story means that we should invite everyone to become Christians. If our friends refuse, we must invite other people. We can invite poor people and ill people. We can invite people that we do not like. We can even invite our enemies. God wants us to do this. In heaven, God is preparing a great meal. God’s house must be full of people. If our friends refuse, they will not be at God’s great meal. Other people will take their place.

I don't want to be preachy. I think if I were to get preachy... I'd only be preaching to the choir.

My mother's family has a reunion every year in Front Royal, Va. Our family settled there back in the late 1600's. They actually entered the colonies through St. Mary's county. My cousin sends out handmade invitations. They are quite special and I have been collecting them for years. I can't always go to the picnic.... which leaves an opening at the table for another one of the family to bring a new beau or a friend.

There are always a lot of people at these reunions. My family is a big part of the economy in and around the Front Royal, Winchester, area. I'll be honest with you... there are always a lot of unfamiliar faces at the reunions. But when you're at one of our reunions.... you're part of the family. That's what these verses are describing for me. An inclusive, friendly, caring and safe place to be together. I'm the oldest granddaughter of the family and I know people from a couple of generations.... but I have a lot of cousins, second cousins.... etc., etc., that I don't recognize but I feel a connection to them because they are at the reunion.

That's what these verses mean to me.... she's getting a great feast together.... lots of bar-b-que is grilled and ready..... the cold crisp Ice Tea is brewed and mixed.... someone is ready to "lead us in prayer"..... everyone around the table is family.... from now on.... EVERYONE AT THE TABLE.....

I think a lot of people will be really shocked at who really gets to go to dinner at God's Place!!!

☕

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Great teaching tool, Proverbs. Read one chapter a day - only takes a few minutes, everyday for the month. 31 chapters. Most months have 31 days. repeat. Can't go wrong.