PSA: Be careful when driving...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And if you can't stop to dodge traffic and remove the turtle, at least try not to run it over. Someone else will run it over and provide a meal for the scavengers, but you don't need that on your karma. The spirit of the animal will haunt your car and turn it into Christine.

Kinnakeet

If it is a big snapping turtle take it home cleanse it and then eat it they taste like chicken

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron

Attachments

• turtle thanks you.jpg
    turtle thanks you.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 69

mitzi

If it is a big snapping turtle take it home cleanse it and then eat it they taste like chicken

I stopped and picked one of those up once. I didn't realize how long it's neck could out until his mouth was wide open and a few inches from my hand. It startled me so bad, I yelled and tossed him like a frisbee. Then I felt bad, walked over to the trees where he landed, he seemed fine.

Louise

Hub and I saved many a turtle on the road when we lived in Calvert. And, a turtle nested in our yard because we lived off of Longs Cove and had the creek that went to Cypress Swamp on our property. They were under our deck and we were :jameo: But left them alone and then they were gone. We assumed all worked out. Go, turtles! Remember they win races against hares.

rio

How do I know if it's a snapping turtle or a regular old turtle BEFORE I pick it up?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I learned about snapping turtles at the very young age of about 5 years. My cousin had 2 of them in bushel baskets and they were so large, they couldn't lay flat in the bottom of the baskets. Once the head is separated from the body, it will continue to "snap" for hours and is still a danger. As I said, evil incarnate...