PSA: Be careful when driving...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If it is a big snapping turtle take it home cleanse it and then eat it they taste like chicken
Back when I lived in 7D on a creek, a couple guys maintained a snapping turtle trap at the head of a cove our property ran alongside. They caught them, took them home where they had cleaning tanks set up. They cleaned and and processed the meat and sold it to high-end restaurants apparently.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Back when I lived in 7D on a creek, a couple guys maintained a snapping turtle trap at the head of a cove our property ran alongside. They caught them, took them home where they had cleaning tanks set up. They cleaned and and processed the meat and sold it to high-end restaurants apparently.
I remember catching perch and throwing them into a wash tub so the turtle would eat them and "cleanse" their system. This was at a friend's house, so I don't know if it actually worked. I didn't get to taste any.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I remember catching perch and throwing them into a wash tub so the turtle would eat them and "cleanse" their system. This was at a friend's house, so I don't know if it actually worked. I didn't get to taste any.
I've forgotten what is is they'd feed them to get them cleaned out but I'm pretty sure it wasn't fish.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They seem waterproof, so.... Dishwasher?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If it's eyeballing you like you're a delicious snack; it's probably a snapping turtle.
They will also make a loud hissing sound if you get too close, along with their neck stretched out staring at you. They will not back down. And if you ever want to lose some fingers or a good portion of your hand, keep it away for their snapping jaw.

Reactions: rio

rio

If I may ...

They will also make a loud hissing sound if you get too close, along with their neck stretched out staring at you. They will not back down. And if you ever want to lose some fingers or a good portion of your hand, keep it away for their snapping jaw.
So, copper heads don't hiss, but snapping turtles do? What kind of crazy world am I living in!?!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So, copper heads don't hiss, but snapping turtles do? What kind of crazy world am I living in!?!
Nope. It's, (snakes), defiantly not like the movies. Every snake I've ever come across while hiking, here in Maryland, has never hissed at me. Copperheads, Black Rat Snakes, Water, (Brown), Snakes, Milk Snakes, they just look at you or slither away.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He's lived through my slightly pink fried chicken, shrimp I neglected to devein, filet mignon burned to a crisp, crunchy deviled eggs, and something I called an omelet which apparently he has never eaten before. Turtle soup would be a bridge too far.
:killingme

BOP

And if you can't stop to dodge traffic and remove the turtle, at least try not to run it over. Someone else will run it over and provide a meal for the scavengers, but you don't need that on your karma. The spirit of the animal will haunt your car and turn it into Mitch McConnell.
FIFY

BOP

NO NO NO I meant the wedding was so small it was almost nonexistent. In fact it didn't even happen, so there was no aftermath. And he's fine, except for not knowing where the g spot is. Nor caring. I don't even know where the g spot is. With my luck it's probably in my pinky toe or something. Anyways as long as I get a nap, I got no complaints.
I can't help you with locating much of anything. I have to have a map to find any of my friends or relatives in St Mary's, and I've been to all their houses before.

I almost said "GPS," but then I realized there could have been some kind of innuendo or something. A GPS to find the G spot.

Besides, I'm a senior citizen, and since my wife passed in 2016, so it's not like I remember where the G spot is. Wives are like GPSes for just about everything husbands can't find. Are you sure you're a chick?

Oh, and maybe you should have played the banjo at your wedding; you might have had a bigger (larger?) attendance. Of course, if everyone is already related, banjo music should go without saying.