Psa

D

dems4me

Joel Olsteen is on Fox 5 right now - he always has such an uplifting message :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Don't understand where you think I was being a jerk, was just asking a question. Joel himself will admit that he would want her to send him a check, that is after all, why he is on TV. Hard to keep up with all of his payments for his beautiful homes and cars and his production company if she didn't.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Don't understand where you think I was being a jerk, was just asking a question. Joel himself will admit that he would want her to send him a check, that is after all, why he is on TV. Hard to keep up with all of his payments for his beautiful homes and cars and his production company if she didn't.
Seems to me that your post and this one are aimed at being derogatory in nature implying that the ministry is "all about money". While I don't listen to Olsteen or Stanley, I do not think their ministries are "all about money".

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
And you know me? Know itsbob? But thanks for your expression of opinion. I know how to regard you.
i have read enough of your posts to know that you are a self rightous, closed minded person, who thinks nothing of making a hateful or derogatory comment, but then takes extreme offense if anyone makes a joke in your precious religion forum.

And i already knew how to regard you, funny ow you choose to live by certain passages in your book, but ignore others that might make you a better person. for your sake i hope your god isn't nearly as judgemental as you are!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
i have read enough of your posts to know that you are a self rightous, closed minded person, who thinks nothing of making a hateful or derogatory comment, but then takes extreme offense if anyone makes a joke in your precious religion forum.
I am a forgiven sinner and have posted so many times. How does that make me self righteous?

I do not espouse hate nor will I refrain from posting scripture even if it is not popular.

I am closed minded in that I will not accept any other god other than the Almighty God Y'howah or any other Savior than Y'shua, Jesus.

The destination of a soul for eternity is not a joking matter.
Midnightrider said:
And i already knew how to regard you, funny ow you choose to live by certain passages in your book, but ignore others that might make you a better person. for your sake i hope your god isn't nearly as judgemental as you are!
I choose to live by all of them. I do not judge. It is not my job. I do not believe I have ever told an individual they are going to hell. I have posted that there are those that are going to hell and backed it up with scripture to show that it is not my opinion but the Bible that says so. Those that disagree are not disagreeing with me but disagreeing with the Bible.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
57,000 people at their grand opening service. 95 million dollars to renovate the Compaq center. So what's the monthly payment on that loan?

That's a LOT of checks to support his chapel/ studio/ basketball court...

He must have HUGE collection baskets, or is he automated with debit machines in every pew??

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
57,000 people at their grand opening service. 95 million dollars to renovate the Compaq center. So what's the monthly payment on that loan?

That's a LOT of checks to support his chapel/ studio/ basketball court...

He must have HUGE collection baskets, or is he automated with debit machines in every pew??
If Olsteen is all about money, then he will have to answer for that and all he leads astray, if any, when he meets the Creator. If he is not all about money, but uses the resources that he receives for the advancing of God's kingdom and proclaiming the word, then his detractors will likely be the ones that will have some explaining to do.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
I am a forgiven sinner and have posted so many times. How does that make me self righteous?

I do not espouse hate nor will I refrain from posting scripture even if it is not popular.

I am closed minded in that I will not accept any other god other than the Almighty God Y'howah or any other Savior than Y'shua, Jesus.

The destination of a soul for eternity is not a joking matter.
I choose to live by all of them. I do not judge. It is not my job. I do not believe I have ever told an individual they are going to hell. I have posted that there are those that are going to hell and backed it up with scripture to show that it is not my opinion but the Bible that says so. Those that disagree are not disagreeing with me but disagreeing with the Bible.
This is one of the funniest posts i have ever read..... so many fallacies

Keep kidding yourself, passing judgement but using your book to defend it is still passing judgement, and the hate IS in your heart, and it comes out in your posts often.

And the selfrightous part is you thinking you have the one truth, its a laughable position that you take constantly. (and you CAN'T say the book holds the truth, if that were true there wouldn't be so many factions of christianity based on varying beliefs)
Good luck, and you should hope your god isn't nearly as judgemental as you.....

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
This is one of the funniest posts i have ever read..... so many fallacies

Keep kidding yourself, passing judgement but using your book to defend it is still passing judgement, and the hate IS in your heart, and it comes out in your posts often.

And the selfrightous part is you thinking you have the one truth, its a laughable position that you take constantly. (and you CAN'T say the book holds the truth, if that were true there wouldn't be so many factions of christianity based on varying beliefs)
Good luck, and you should hope your god isn't nearly as judgemental as you.....
Passing judgment is saying, "Midnightrider is going to hell." I have never said that of you or anyone that I know of. Saying the Bible says that fornicators are not going to inherit the kingdom of God is not judgment.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

<sup id="en-NASB-28477">9</sup>Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

<sup id="en-NASB-28478">10</sup>nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
If you don't see the difference, oh well.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
Passing judgment is saying, "Midnightrider is going to hell." I have never said that of you or anyone that I know of. Saying the Bible says that fornicators are not going to inherit the kingdom of God is not judgment. If you don't see the difference, oh well.

So what are you implying with you quote from cornithians?
as far as i can see it has no relevance to our discussion, unless you are implying that i am one of those types of people called out in that passage, and if you are, then you are judging me to be one of those people, its not for you to judge.

and for the rest of my previous statement you have no rebuttal?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
So what are you implying with you quote from cornithians?
as far as i can see it has no relevance to our discussion, unless you are implying that i am one of those types of people called out in that passage, and if you are, then you are judging me to be one of those people, its not for you to judge.

and for the rest of my previous statement you have no rebuttal?
I am implying nothing. I was illustrating that judgment is condemnation of a person. I was trying to show you the difference between judging and proclaiming the word from the Bible.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I do not have to justify myself to you in any way.