I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
3 Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.
This is from enduringword.com.

The Psalm is titled, A Song of Ascents. Of David. Commentators suggest two possible occasions for its composition. The first may be when Saul hunted David, and David was often accused of ambition for the throne of Israel. The second may be David in response to his wife Michal when she accused him of being vulgar and undignified when he danced in the procession of bringing the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem (2 Samuel 6:16-23).
Whatever the occasion was, this short Psalm is a beautiful denial of pride, arrogance, and selfish ambition. “It is one of the shortest Psalms to read, but one of the longest to learn. It speaks of a young child, but it contains the experience of a man in Christ.” (Charles Spurgeon)

David acted in total abandon when they were bringing the Ark back to Jerusalem [2 Samuel 13-15]. The first attempt ended in the death of a man who merely reached out to steady the ark on the cart they were trying to carry it on. The ark was meant to be carried by Levites using long poles.... not everyday guys with a cart. The instructions on how to move the arc had been misplaced apparently. When the instructions were followed...... David was so happy he danced with his hands in the air like he just didn't care... and his prissy wife told him he looked like a fool and embarrassed her.

David wasn't proud.... I'll give him that.

☕