PTSD - HOOD Disorder

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hood Disease: Inner City Oakland Youth Suffering From Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Unlike soldiers, children in the inner city never leave the combat zone. They often experience trauma, repeatedly.

“You could take anyone who is experiencing the symptoms of PTSD, and the things we are currently emphasizing in school will fall off their radar. Because frankly it does not matter in our biology if we don’t survive the walk home,” said Jeff Duncan-Andrade, Ph.D. of San Francisco State University.

In Oakland, about two thirds of the murders last year were actually clustered in East Oakland, 59 people killed.

Teachers and administrators who graduated from Fremont High School in East Oakland and have gone back to work there spoke with KPIX 5.

“These cards that (students) are suddenly wearing around their neck that say ‘Rest in peace.’ You have some kids that are walking around with six of them. Laminated cards that are tributes to their slain friends,” said teacher Jasmene Miranda.

Jaliza Collins, also a teacher at Fremont, said, “It’s depression, it’s stress, it’s withdrawal, it’s denial. It’s so many things that is encompassed and embodied in them. And when somebody pushes that one button where it can be like, ‘please go have a seat,’ and that can be the one thing that just sets them off.”

In 2013, there were 47 recorded lockdowns in Oakland public schools – again, almost all in East and West Oakland.

legit complaint or more excuse making for poor performance

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
That thread title cracked me up. Thought we were in medical thread and it was a new S ...oh nevermind. I need more coffee I guess.

:coffee:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
But don't snitch on who is doing the killing. Snitching is a very bad thing to do. :sarcasticsmileyomitted:

Wear enough laminated RIP cards and you may also get carpel neck syndrome.

Hijinx

But don't snitch on who is doing the killing. Snitching is a very bad thing to do. :sarcasticsmileyomitted:

Wear enough laminated RIP cards and you may also get carpel neck syndrome.

If this is true the problems in the Middle East are caused by PTSD among the terrorists.
It isn't that they are being taught from birth that someone else is bad and causing their problems, it's PTSD.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If this is true the problems in the Middle East are caused by PTSD among the terrorists.
It isn't that they are being taught from birth that someone else is bad and causing their problems, it's PTSD.

You have concisely summarized the position this President and his former Secretary of State have used for ALL those folks around the world who don't like us.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Oakland needs to stop electing liberals to their city government. 15-20 years of law-and-order conservative leadership would clean up that cesspool very nicely.

This_person

legit complaint or more excuse making for poor performance
In my humble opinion, this is a legit complaint.

That said, a lot of people from all socio-economic, racial, and gender backgrounds grow up with all kinds of bad #### going on around them. The people involved here need to each individually recognize the problem and deal with it when they're ready.

Hijinx

In my humble opinion, this is a legit complaint.

That said, a lot of people from all socio-economic, racial, and gender backgrounds grow up with all kinds of bad #### going on around them. The people involved here need to each individually recognize the problem and deal with it when they're ready.

Maybe it should be called Hoody disease.