Puerto Ricos Chaos

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Labor movement and unions call for more protests

Puerto Rico governor says protests have "not gone unnoticed"

Streets A 'War Zone' As Protesters Call For Puerto Rico's Governor To Resign

2 in 3 Americans support statehood for Puerto Rico, poll shows

July 18 (UPI) -- While most Americans have consistently opposed making Washington, D.C., an official state, a new survey Thursday showed a good majority do favor giving Puerto Rico statehood.

Gallup said the results of its poll showed 66 percent, two in three Americans, said they favor admitting the Caribbean island, which is presently a U.S. territory. The figure is in line with the average since Gallup first began asking the question in 1962. Twenty-seven percent opposed statehood for the island, and 7 percent gave no opinion.

They need to stop polling at DNC headquaters.

Reactions: BOP

herb749

What's the percentage that want to remain a territory in PR.??

I believe the majority does to avoid taxes.

Why don't they just proclaim their independence from the US and become their own country.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What's the percentage that want to remain a territory in PR.??

I believe the majority does to avoid taxes.

Why don't they just proclaim their independence from the US and become their own country.
Same reason they don't want statehood, money.
Good and bad, I think they found economically being a state is worse.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
How 'bout that really cool New Progressive (read, "Left") governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo A. Rosselló? What a stand-up guy.

From his Wikipedia entry:
Rosselló is also the first governor in the history of Puerto Rico to face calls of resignation by Puerto Ricans after text messages from the Telegram mobile app leaked where the governor was involved in conversations about public policy with comments viewed as homophobic and sexist. In addition, the conversations included insults to other politicians and discussion of strategies to manipulate public opinion.

After the leak, Rosselló released a statement in which he apologized for the comments, saying he had been working 18-hour days and was releasing tensions.

But, like VA Gov Northam (and others on the Left), this will blow over because it doesn't fit The Narrative.

--- End of line (MCP)

Hijinx

Labor movement and unions call for more protests

Puerto Rico governor says protests have "not gone unnoticed"

Streets A 'War Zone' As Protesters Call For Puerto Rico's Governor To Resign

2 in 3 Americans support statehood for Puerto Rico, poll shows

July 18 (UPI) -- While most Americans have consistently opposed making Washington, D.C., an official state, a new survey Thursday showed a good majority do favor giving Puerto Rico statehood.

Gallup said the results of its poll showed 66 percent, two in three Americans, said they favor admitting the Caribbean island, which is presently a U.S. territory. The figure is in line with the average since Gallup first began asking the question in 1962. Twenty-seven percent opposed statehood for the island, and 7 percent gave no opinion.

They need to stop polling at DNC headquaters.

Indeed. I cannot believe that 2 in 3 Americans are in favor of making Puerto Rico a State.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Haven't heard from the Mayor of San Juan in a while. She still around or took off with the loot .??
She's still around. A PR friend of mine told me yesterday that most of them want her out of office.