Puffery vs Substance and the US Press

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
As Obama heads to Europe to collect his accolades and gain a smidgen of foreign policy experience, a Catholic blogger lampoons the Washington Post and its coverage of the Messiah.

American Press: “There you go, President er, Senator Obama, is there anything else we can do for you? Would you like us to clarify your positions on abortion, Iraq, FISA and campaign finance for you?”

Obama: That will be fine, thank you. Nice articles. Yes, I’d appreciate any spin you can manage for me, and by the way, could you do a nice piece on Michele, too? Maybe call her fashion’s next icon, or something?

American Press: We can do better than that, sir, we’ll call her Michele “Jackie” O!

Obama: Heh, that’s cool, but post-Camelot. Stick to the Kennedy mystique.

American Press: We can’t wait to go to Europe with you, sir - we like that a lot better than Crawford, and A.N.S.W.E.R. will er, spontaneous hoards of people will be sure to crowd the streets to say how much they love you, just like A.N.S.W.E.R brought them all out they came out to say how much they hated Bush and Blair!

Obama: Yeah, the pictures will be great especially in Germany, ‘Ich bein ein Messiah!’ I hope they have giant puppets! But if they do, make sure the ears are not too big. I’m sensitive about my ears. And when you’re covering it, make sure you get a few of those halo shots, will you? You know, where I look like a Jesus painting? Give the people what they want. Too bad Michelangelo is dead.

theanchoressonline

Great quote at the top of her blog!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
As Obama heads to Europe to collect his accolades and gain a smidgen of foreign policy experience, a Catholic blogger lampoons the Washington Post and its coverage of the Messiah.

American Press: “There you go, President er, Senator Obama, is there anything else we can do for you? Would you like us to clarify your positions on abortion, Iraq, FISA and campaign finance for you?”

Obama: That will be fine, thank you. Nice articles. Yes, I’d appreciate any spin you can manage for me, and by the way, could you do a nice piece on Michele, too? Maybe call her fashion’s next icon, or something?

American Press: We can do better than that, sir, we’ll call her Michele “Jackie” O!

Obama: Heh, that’s cool, but post-Camelot. Stick to the Kennedy mystique.

American Press: We can’t wait to go to Europe with you, sir - we like that a lot better than Crawford, and A.N.S.W.E.R. will er, spontaneous hoards of people will be sure to crowd the streets to say how much they love you, just like A.N.S.W.E.R brought them all out they came out to say how much they hated Bush and Blair!

Obama: Yeah, the pictures will be great especially in Germany, ‘Ich bein ein Messiah!’ I hope they have giant puppets! But if they do, make sure the ears are not too big. I’m sensitive about my ears. And when you’re covering it, make sure you get a few of those halo shots, will you? You know, where I look like a Jesus painting? Give the people what they want. Too bad Michelangelo is dead.

theanchoressonline

Great quote at the top of her blog!

What I've also noticed:
Michelle's handlers are taking her wardrobe / makeover too far. The dress styles are bordering on hilarious. And what a difference a couple of months make, huh - always perfectly coiffed and made up?

(...waiting for the snarky Cindy comments to come flying now)

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
What I've also noticed:
Michelle's handlers are taking her wardrobe / makeover too far. The dress styles are bordering on hilarious. And what a difference a couple of months make, huh - always perfectly coiffed and made up?

(...waiting for the snarky Cindy comments to come flying now)

Well, old money vs new money. Women with money can afford to look great well into their 70s. Not sure how old Cindy McCain is though to be honest. One thing Mrs. Obama can't buy, however, is class.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Well, old money vs new money. Women with money can afford to look great well into their 70s. Not sure how old Cindy McCain is though to be honest. One thing Mrs. Obama can't buy, however, is class.

No, it's the way she's been styled. She was fine before - fashion wise. I thought she looked stylish. NOW, they have her dressing like she's Jackie-O, even like a 60's Donna Reed in a couple of the outfits I've seen. She's about 6 ft. tall, I think. The little cute sweaters & A-line sundresses just don't look right on her, I don't think. I'm saying they should have left her alone that way. The makeup however, HAS softened her look, though. I think she used to look like she was hard around the edges. The makeup softens that look, I think.

But that's just me.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
No, it's the way she's been styled. She was fine before - fashion wise. I thought she looked stylish. NOW, they have her dressing like she's Jackie-O, even like a 60's Donna Reed in a couple of the outfits I've seen. She's about 6 ft. tall, I think. The little cute sweaters & A-line sundresses just don't look right on her, I don't think. I'm saying they should have left her alone that way. The makeup however, HAS softened her look, though. I think she used to look like she was hard around the edges. The makeup softens that look, I think.

But that's just me.

I don't know squat about women's fashions. Like the young things at work who think the current style is wearing maternity outfits. I really got a tongue lashing for asking one young lady if she was pregnant!

Hope she looks better to you, to me she still looks like a classless buffoon.