Pulmonologist Recommendation?

jhns64

I have a great Pulmonary doctor but he is in DC. I've been going to him for 6 years and he did more for me in 2 visits than the local one did for me in a month of visits once a week. If you think you would be interested PM me and I'll give you the info.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I go to Dr. Kiran Mehta within Shah Associates in St. Mary's County, MD. He's Indian but very good with his patients. It took me a couple visits to get used to him, but he knows what he is talking about. :yay: His office is in Hollywood and I think Charlotte hall.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Bedside manner is very important to me, since I refuse to believe i even HAVE a problem much less want to be treated for one. :frown: I'm a TERRIBLE patient.
Thanks for the referrals!

jhns64

I go to Dr. Kiran Mehta within Shah Associates in St. Mary's County, MD. He's Indian but very good with his patients. It took me a couple visits to get used to him, but he knows what he is talking about. :yay: His office is in Hollywood and I think Charlotte hall.

I had a totally different experience with him. I gave him a month to help me and he did nothing. Literally, nothing and I had blood clots in my lung! Yes he does have a good bedside manner but that doesn't count when he won't do anything to help you when you need. He is too much of a wait and see kind of doctor. I like proactive types.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I had a totally different experience with him. I gave him a month to help me and he did nothing. Literally, nothing and I had blood clots in my lung! Yes he does have a good bedside manner but that doesn't count when he won't do anything to help you when you need. He is too much of a wait and see kind of doctor. I like proactive types.

Well, your situation is much different than mine. I've been visiting a pulmonologist every 6 months my entire life to maintain my chronic lung disease. I switched to him a few years back after I passed the age limit of Children's Hospital. Once I was an adult, I had to find an "adult" pulmonologist.

With that said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him. I've found that if something isn't working, I can call him up and he will change my meds or get me in for an appointment right away.

Debbie92454

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with Dr Mehta. I have never had a problem with him. I just wish I had medical insurance where I could still go and see him. See I am a veteran and now go to the VA medical Hospital, not that they are not very good, but living here in St Mary's is too far away when I have an asthma attack. Dr Mehta was always just a phone call away and right there at the hospital. He was also my mother's doctor and without his support during her last few days I would not have made it thought it all.
To me he is a great asset to St. Mary's and he knows what needs done. I too was thought to have a blood clot and he wouldn't let me leave the er without having a CT scan and had even arranged to have me flown to DC if the scan showed a blood clot.

My question to you, was you at the er and was he called in? sometimes they will tell you they spoke with your doctor when in fact they haven't.

jhns64

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with Dr Mehta. I have never had a problem with him. I just wish I had medical insurance where I could still go and see him. See I am a veteran and now go to the VA medical Hospital, not that they are not very good, but living here in St Mary's is too far away when I have an asthma attack. Dr Mehta was always just a phone call away and right there at the hospital. He was also my mother's doctor and without his support during her last few days I would not have made it thought it all.
To me he is a great asset to St. Mary's and he knows what needs done. I too was thought to have a blood clot and he wouldn't let me leave the er without having a CT scan and had even arranged to have me flown to DC if the scan showed a blood clot.

My question to you, was you at the er and was he called in? sometimes they will tell you they spoke with your doctor when in fact they haven't.

I actually went to the ER 3 times, the third time no one could get the IV in ANY of my veins including him so they gave me pain med said it was probably inflammation causing the pain and issues with breathing. That was a Friday, Monday afternoon, I went to my local Internest he had the CT done immediately and sent me to the hospital for admittance with three blood clots in my left lung. He came to see me again while I was hospitalized and I let him follow up for a month with no help in pain management, shortness of breath, he just said that I have clots and they are going to hurt. When I went to DC I found out that I had pnemonia and bronchitis (sp?).

Debbie92454

I actually went to the ER 3 times, the third time no one could get the IV in ANY of my veins including him so they gave me pain med said it was probably inflammation causing the pain and issues with breathing. That was a Friday, Monday afternoon, I went to my local Internest he had the CT done immediately and sent me to the hospital for admittance with three blood clots in my left lung. He came to see me again while I was hospitalized and I let him follow up for a month with no help in pain management, shortness of breath, he just said that I have clots and they are going to hurt. When I went to DC I found out that I had pnemonia and bronchitis (sp?).

Sorry for all your pain. someone should have done chest xrays and followed up with antibotics. In my case they treated me with the antibotics as they thought an infection had caused what they thought was clots, and since I didn't have a clot, treated me to prevent them. I had pnemonia and a history of bronchitis since I was ypung and the funny part is when I was younger, I was nevertreated for the problems and the military did not catch it either. I was finally diagnosed with the bronchitis in 1983. My asthma developed later as a result of the bronchitis. Another thing is they may have thought it was plurisia (not sue of the spelling) which is pain in the lining of the lungs and missed the other signs of clots as I was told, they both have similar symptoms. I've had that several times and it hurts almost as worst as pnemonia.

Hope you found yourself a good doctor.