Punch Mars Oregon/Boise State Opener

dolemite

At the end of this college football game, all hell broke loose, when LaGarrette Blount, Oregon running back, punched a Boise State player in the mouth, a sign of extreme frustration, and ah, I think he lost his cool too!

Postgame punch mars No. 14 Boise State's commanding win over No. 16 Oregon - NCAA College Football Recap - ESPN

Watch the video, and you'll see what I mean.........

Yeah he really socked it to him. :duel: wondering what does that do to his scholarship?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
When you view the video, notice how Blount totally "loses it", and has to be restrained by several of his fellow teammates and coaches.

All the way to the entrance to the locker room, he's still ranting and raging!

Some fan made a crack to him, and he was going to jump into the stands and duke it out with the guy.

One ESPN commentator called him a "punk", who should be suspended for the entire year! I don't know - maybe 6 or 7 games, but for the entire year?

Whaddaya think? :popcorn:

Beta84

They're out to get us
I just tuned into ESPN2, and they're reporting that Oregon running back Blount has been suspended for the rest of the season! :buddies:

would have been pretty disappointing if the NCAA had done anything less.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

Watching the Tulsa @ Tulane football game, and a newsticker display says that Blount will be suspended for any post-season games as well, should Oregon get that far.

I did not see that inclusion in the earlir reports. Talk about a lost season... ouch!

JoeR

I don't think the NCAA suspended him. Oregon suspended him on their own. I read that he still has to go to classes and practice but is not allowed to play. Probably something to do with his scholarship.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A question, played really low key on ESPN, was this: Will LaGarrette Blount remain at Oregon for the rest of the season, or, will he request a transfer to another college/university, in order to play out the season.

At this point, as a college senior, his status in the upcoming draft - rather sucks - after this stupid, "lost my cool" incident.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I don't think the NCAA suspended him. Oregon suspended him on their own. I read that he still has to go to classes and practice but is not allowed to play. Probably something to do with his scholarship.
Oregon suspended him (which I didn't know at the time), but opted to allow him to stick around and participate with the team so they wouldn't screw him over since he'll be going to the draft after the season. If they completely cut him off that would look bad for the program.

A question, played really low key on ESPN, was this: Will LaGarrette Blount remain at Oregon for the rest of the season, or, will he request a transfer to another college/university, in order to play out the season.

At this point, as a college senior, his status in the upcoming draft - rather sucks - after this stupid, "lost my cool" incident.

Transfer and do what? He can't play this year so it won't matter. Transfers sit a year out. Isn't he a redshirt senior? If not then I guess he'd be able to transfer and might be eligible by mid-season next year.