Puppy Found Route 4 Lusby

Roman

I have a German Shepard mix, fully intact Male that was running around on S/B Rte 4, and Rousby Hall Road, Lusby this evening. He has a Collar, but no Tag. Several cars almost hit him at the intersection. PLEASE PM me if he is yours. I'm taking him to the Vet tomorrow, to see if he is Chipped. He is under a year old.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I saw that dog with 2 teenagers walking down the center of the highway in Lusby today with no leash. They didn't seem to care one bit about the situation. Not sure if he belonged to them or not but the dog followed them across the highway.
Thanks for getting him.
From what I saw, he's better off with you.
Hope it works out for him.

Roman

I saw that dog with 2 teenagers walking down the center of the highway in Lusby today with no leash. They didn't seem to care one bit about the situation. Not sure if he belonged to them or not but the dog followed them across the highway.
Thanks for getting him.
From what I saw, he's better off with you.
Hope it works out for him.
I saw the same two Boys, and asked them if the Pup was theirs, and they said no. It followed them while they were skate baording. Will take the Pup to the Vet tomorrow, to check for a Chip. I can't keep him, so he will go to the Tri County Animal Shelter. My dog hates him, even though he is a good Dog. Well taken care of, and not starving. Thanks for the Post.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I saw the same two Boys, and asked them if the Pup was theirs, and they said no. It followed them while they were skate baording. Will take the Pup to the Vet tomorrow, to check for a Chip. I can't keep him, so he will go to the Tri County Animal Shelter. My dog hates him, even though he is a good Dog. Well taken care of, and not starving. Thanks for the Post.

I am on an email list w/ a lot of rescues that post when an animal is lost or found in the area and have received no notifications regarding this guy...then again you say he is intact...not likely from a rescue...good chance there is a bit$h in heat somewhere close by that he may have traveled a distance to service...hope he is microchipped and when owners are contacted, they agree to neuter him (wishful thinking anyways)

Roman

UPDATE, on Found Puppy. I called Tri County Animal Shelter, to see if anyone has reported their Pup as missing, and they told me "no". I will take him to the Vet this afternoon to check for a Chip. If there is no chip, I will take him to Tri County. They said that there would be a 6 day hold on him, for the owners to claim him. After that, he will go through temperment tests, and if he passes, which I know he will, he will be placed for Adoption. If anyone knows of another Rescue, which is a no kill, please let me know. It will break my heart to take him to the Pound.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
FWIW I think they were coming from the Coster road area when crossing 4.

Can you post a pic?

Roman

No, I have no pictures of him. Thank you for giving me an area to start looking. I just hope that he is chipped, and the owner can be found. When I picked the pup up yesterday, he was running on RTE 4 & Rousby Hall Road. So he did do some traveling yesterday. He looks like a GSD Mix. Mostly Brown/red, with some black mainly on his tail. He weighs about 40, maybe 50 pounds. His fur is short, almost like a Beagle-type fur. Someone has GOT to be missing him. Well mannered, well cared for, other than not being Neutered. Knows basic commands, great with both Dogs, and Cats. He's house trained also.

jedi2814

UPDATE, on Found Puppy. I called Tri County Animal Shelter, to see if anyone has reported their Pup as missing, and they told me "no". I will take him to the Vet this afternoon to check for a Chip. If there is no chip, I will take him to Tri County. They said that there would be a 6 day hold on him, for the owners to claim him. After that, he will go through temperment tests, and if he passes, which I know he will, he will be placed for Adoption. If anyone knows of another Rescue, which is a no kill, please let me know. It will break my heart to take him to the Pound.

I believe CAWL on Stoakley Rd. is no kill.

Roman

The Pup was not chipped, so the Animal Warden met me, and took the Dog. He assured me that if the owner's don't claim him, he will be adopted. He could tell right off, that he is a good dog.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet dog at Peppers Pet Pantry, and got a few good photos of him. He is so full of delightful, sweet energy...it was a bit of a challange to get some photos of him.
He will be held at Tri-County looking for a new home of no owners come forward. He was found with the nice collar.
He is a gentle pup thaat will do super in a home.

Here are a few photos, feel free to down-load, make up fliers, etc if it will help him get a home.

gsd-6-M.jpg
Head shot

gsd-1-M.jpg
Side view, sitting. Showing collar that he had when found.

gsd-2-M.jpg
Back view.

gsd-5-M.jpg
How tall..standing at FFliers legs, just abover her knees.

gsd-4-M.jpg
Showing off his bat ears.

Hope these help getting this lost dog "found".
Nice meeting you R.!!!!:buddies:

Last edited:

Roman

I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet dog at Peppers Pet Pantry, and got a few good photos of him. He is so full of delightful, sweet energy...it was a bit of a challange to get some photos of him.
He will be held at Tri-County looking for a new home of no owners come forward. He was found with the nice collar.
He is a gentle pup thaat will do super in a home.

Here are 6 photos, feel free to down-load, make up fliers, etc if it will help him get a home.

gsd-6-M.jpg
Head shot

gsd-1-M.jpg
Side view, sitting. Showing collar that he had when found.

gsd-2-M.jpg
Back view.

gsd-5-M.jpg
How tall..standing at FFliers legs, just abover her knees.

gsd-4-M.jpg
Showing off his bat ears.

Hope these help getting this lost dog "found".
Nice meeting you R.!!!!:buddies:
Thank you for the pictures Kaitlyn, let's hope someone on here knows him. If he is not Licensed, the Owner's will have to pay to get him out. If times are tough for them, I would split the Bill with them, and also pay half to get him neutered. Thanks again. It was nice to meet you too.

C

campinmutt

I have a friend lookiing for a GSD pup....maybe it will work out and he would end up with an awesome home...fingers crossed

Roman

I have a friend lookiing for a GSD pup....maybe it will work out and he would end up with an awesome home...fingers crossed

That would be fantastic.! He is not a full breed GSD though, but he sure is handsome. He deserves a good home.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Pup was not chipped, so the Animal Warden met me, and took the Dog. He assured me that if the owner's don't claim him, he will be adopted. He could tell right off, that he is a good dog.

Someone has to be missing this sweet little guy. He had manners, was trained and was friendly. Did not appear to be abused or a yard ornament dog. If owners do not claim him at the shelter, there is no doubt in my mind he will be quickly adopted out.
Thank you, Roman, for picking him up. His fate could have been forever sealed with one car.