Puppy scam ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Hey everyone,

I have been considering adopting a dog or cat , saw an ad for shih tzu puppies on the southern maryland craigslist the other day and responded to it for more info. Someone emailed me back, the email was full of broken sentences and bad grammar, they say they have recently relocated to Arkansas and want $200 for the puppies plus $200 for shipping ! Why would someone in Arkansas advertise puppies for sale on the southern maryland craigslist ? Is this a scam ? If so, should I forward this email to the authorities ?

Rt235

Hey everyone,

I have been considering adopting a dog or cat , saw an ad for shih tzu puppies on the southern maryland craigslist the other day and responded to it for more info. Someone emailed me back, the email was full of broken sentences and bad grammar, they say they have recently relocated to Arkansas and want $200 for the puppies plus $200 for shipping ! Why would someone in Arkansas advertise puppies for sale on the southern maryland craigslist ? Is this a scam ? If so, should I forward this email to the authorities ?

Rescue a local dog or cat from one of the several humane groups. You can meet the dog, play with it, ask about it and when you pay the donation fee, it goes to the local rescue to do MORE rescues.
Many cats are in a home under foster care as are some dogs.
They are better adjusted that way!
Never buy any living critter off Craigs list!!!

And why would anyone in SoMD throw away $400.00 for a puppy, sight unseen?

Stay local, adopt local, love local!!! :buddies:

Caution

Hey everyone,

It's a scam. Airlines won't ship in this weather and any decent breeder or pet lover knows this.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
I am guessing that nobody knows if forwarding this email and/or craigslist ad to anyone would do any good ?

Thank you all for the great suggestions about adopting a rescue animal. I have done just that a few times over the last 30 years , I am well aware of the animal overpopulation problem and I would definitely rescue another pet if and when I decide to adopt another, my SO and I both work full time and with the commute time we are away from home 50 + hours during the work week so I am not sure we should adopt a pet at this time, we are still thinking about it. I miss having a furbaby since my ex took our 3 rescue pets with him to Florida almost 7 years ago.

PS There are great deals to be had on craigslist ( merchandise, not pets ) they are not all scams. ;-)

acommondisaster

Craigslist = scam.

Not always true. We adopted a very sweet little dog off of CL, and my son and DIL just found a dog of their own that way. In both cases, we exchanged a lot of emails/phonecalls ahead of time and did a meet with our other dogs. I think, just like anything else, it's buyer beware.

Rt235

I am guessing that nobody knows if forwarding this email and/or craigslist ad to anyone would do any good ?

Thank you all for the great suggestions about adopting a rescue animal. I have done just that a few times over the last 30 years , I am well aware of the animal overpopulation problem and I would definitely rescue another pet if and when I decide to adopt another, my SO and I both work full time and with the commute time we are away from home 50 + hours during the work week so I am not sure we should adopt a pet at this time, we are still thinking about it. I miss having a furbaby since my ex took our 3 rescue pets with him to Florida almost 7 years ago.

PS There are great deals to be had on craigslist ( merchandise, not pets ) they are not all scams. ;-)

Adopt 2 cats!!!! There are a lot of siblings out there that would love to be adopted together! Cats dont have a watch ya know!! :buddies:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

It sounds like your current schedule could not accomodate dogs. I would opt for a cat or two. Dogs need more attention, especially when adapting to a new environment. Cats get that slow introduction, preferring to hide when the humans are there and explore when they're not, until trust is built. One cat might be to stressed, get two together from the same litter and they'll keep each other company.