Quarantine workouts

stgislander

PREMO Member
They always return like they're homing pigeons. I wrapped my fascia in aluminum 20 years ago and they still come back and hover. I once got after them with a .22 with birdshot, but then found brake clean will knock them out long enough to stomp them.
Kinda waste of Brakleen isn't it?

warneckutz

I've just started with dumbbells and they're not very heavy at the moment. I'm doing stuff relative to arms, back, and shoulders but my neck is killing me and I have no idea why - is that SOP when you first start out and do you have any suggestions for a beginner?
You may be compensating while adjusting to moving the weights. I hadn't lifted in weeks and after I got back into last week I noticed my neck was killing me. It's easier to pull something trying to get in shape than getting into shape. :lol:

Proper form is what it's all about. If it gets more serious for you and you're gonna keep working out - look into PowerBlock dumbbells. They're pricey but a set can replace having a ton of different dumbbells laying around. I finally get to pick mine up tomorrow. Their Sport model that goes up to 50lbs each hand is $350/pair.

SailorGirl

You may be compensating while adjusting to moving the weights. I hadn't lifted in weeks and after I got back into last week I noticed my neck was killing me. It's easier to pull something trying to get in shape than getting into shape. :lol:

Proper form is what it's all about. If it gets more serious for you and you're gonna keep working out - look into PowerBlock dumbbells. They're pricey but a set can replace having a ton of different dumbbells laying around. I finally get to pick mine up tomorrow. Their Sport model that goes up to 50lbs each hand is $350/pair.
That may be it. Got any recommendations for maybe you tube stuff that would walk you through it or is that something better handled through a personal trainer. I think I'm probably going to keep it up - already reached the guilty if I don't do it point and that's normally what keeps me going with something. Thanks for getting back to me.

warneckutz

That may be it. Got any recommendations for maybe you tube stuff that would walk you through it or is that something better handled through a personal trainer. I think I'm probably going to keep it up - already reached the guilty if I don't do it point and that's normally what keeps me going with something. Thanks for getting back to me.
I like bodybuilding.com for articles... they should have plenty of home workouts you can use.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I thought I’d share my home gym tour and current Covid workout. Since quarantine started, I’ve lost 25 lbs because I figured why not? I’ve always been a fitness guy, gym rat and remember getting my first Weider concrete filled weight set when I was eleven years old. Anyway, I currently do 21 miles a week on the elliptical. I used to do that and swim 5,000 meters a week in addition to boxing twice a week and weight training M-F. Now I no longer swim and my boxing is only 10 rounds each Friday.

Kyle

Having a Beer while the world burns!
PREMO Member
I'm sure there's a government funded study pending that shows most spent their time doing the Six-Minute Workout.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been working my way up over the last three months or so..

Be up to a case a day soon.

Last edited: