Question about eggs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you use Egg Beaters instead of regular eggs, you have to add butter or oil to the pan so they don't stick. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the egg substitute?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If you use Egg Beaters instead of regular eggs, you have to add butter or oil to the pan so they don't stick. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the egg substitute?

What about using something like Smart Balance, instead?

I eat egg whites instead of the whole egg. No cholesterol. High protein. Low calories. (approx. 15 calories per medium egg white) After you get used to them without the yolk, they're prett good.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've never cared for egg beaters. I usually just do one whole egg and two egg whites and it is :yay:.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
What about PAM cooking spray :shrug:
I remember using that years ago.

PAM (1-second spray) < 1 7
Butter/Margarine (1 tablespoon) 11.5 104
Oil (1 tablespoon) 13.6 122

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Just use good hard anodized pans.

warneckutz

Some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and top them off with some "Butter Buds" or "Butter Beads"... whatever they're called. You could do one whole egg and egg whites... that way you get some healthy fat, but not too much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This isn't personal, just a random observation. I eat two eggs at 140 calories that keeps me full longer than egg substitute. Just curious about it all. Like, I was buying English muffins yesterday and one package made a big deal out of, "Only 100 calories!" So I compared that to the regular muffins by the same company, and those muffins were only 120 calories.

Do people really care about 20 whole calories?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and top them off with some "Butter Buds" or "Butter Beads"... whatever they're called. You could do one whole egg and egg whites... that way you get some healthy fat, but not too much.
Oh I thought of you the other day. I had an egg white omelette with aspargus. It was really :yum: and might me a thought for you to "mix things up".

This isn't personal, just a random observation. I eat two eggs at 140 calories that keeps me full longer than egg substitute. Just curious about it all. Like, I was buying English muffins yesterday and one package made a big deal out of, "Only 100 calories!" So I compared that to the regular muffins by the same company, and those muffins were only 120 calories.

Yes, because those 20 calories may make the difference on another meal for the day for someone who is counting them.

But I care more about the ingredients than anything else, including calories. I don't eat anywhere near the amount of calories per day that is the supposed average, but the "instant" and "quick" foods get me with the hidden items.

Example, I have a lunch item on my desk right now that's been here for a while, that is high in iron and calcium and only 180 calories, but hidden in the list of ingredients is "high fructose corn syrup", "salt" and "modified corn starch" none of which I want.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Some people do... the ones that :barf: and don't eat at all.... it becomes an obsession for some :jameo:

I for one need farm fresh eggs, preferably local, butter and my cast iron skillet, I also require whole milk. I will return to my regular scheduled eating program when this baby is done baking.