Question about fuel disposal

frequentflier

happy to be living
My husband, who is on travel, swears he made me some mix for the weed eater before he left. The original 1 gal gas can that was labeled "mix" is no where to be found. There is another probably 2 gal gas can that appears to have fuel in it but I cannot tell if it is mixed. My trustworthy weed eater is 30 years young and I cannot risk putting it in there.
How can I get rid of the fuel (and possible mix) safely so that "I" can go buy gasoline and add the oil to make mix AND label the plastic gas container properly?
Thanks!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Mix it with a gallon or two of regular fuel and use in your lawn mower/tractor/etc.... The little bit of oil, if there is any, won't be a problem.

The fuel in question: pour a little bit out into a clear container. If it's straight fuel, it will be clear to a slight brown/yellow tinge. If it has 2-cycle oil in it, it will lean towards green/blue.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Mix it with a gallon or two of regular fuel and use in your lawn mower/tractor/etc.... The little bit of oil, if there is any, won't be a problem.

The fuel in question: pour a little bit out into a clear container. If it's straight fuel, it will be clear to a slight brown/yellow tinge. If it has 2-cycle oil in it, it will lean towards green/blue.
The Kubota is diesel and we don't have a mower. Could I safely put it in my car if it were mixed with more gas??
I looked in the container and I don't see a greenish/blue tint but will take your advice and put some in a clear container. Thanks!

My husband, who is on travel, swears he made me some mix for the weed eater before he left. The original 1 gal gas can that was labeled "mix" is no where to be found. There is another probably 2 gal gas can that appears to have fuel in it but I cannot tell if it is mixed. My trustworthy weed eater is 30 years young and I cannot risk putting it in there.
How can I get rid of the fuel (and possible mix) safely so that "I" can go buy gasoline and add the oil to make mix AND label the plastic gas container properly?
Thanks!
Tractor Supply sells pre-mix fuel.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks!
It sounds like Sneakers has you covered, but if you ever have this issue again, I know a guy that works at a place that would gladly dispose of it for you. We have collection containers for both regular and pre-mixed gas.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Update: Just finished a couple hours on the string trimmer. I ended up putting what I believe was straight gasoline in my car out of the gas can, took car and gas can to Giant, finished filling up car and put a gallon plus mix in the can, MARKED the can "MIX" and all is good!
I woke up this morning and decided it was nice and cool and I was going to get it DUN!
Thanks, Sneakers, for your offer to help.