Question about live in help/renters...

G

GVF

OK, we may be looking to rent out a room/basement in our house soon.

Where would be a good place (other than here) to find "good" people/horse person ideally (who could work off partial rent if desired, or even maybe we could do a working manager type situation).

I am not sure what offerings would be of interest.

Has anyone done this type of thing before?

How did you screen people, etc?? How did it/is it working out?

I just want some feedback before we decide if we even want to possibly have someone else move in (even though we have a HUGE place- still, a stranger moving in can be scary till you get to know them.)

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!!

Joebagel

I rent out rooms in my house and the best that i have found have been Navy guys. They get their BAH so rent is always on time and if you charge less than their BAH they make some money by living in your house, so they are very respectfull and dont wont want to ruin there good situation.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
I think I might know someone who might be interested, but I don't know if he would leave his multi-million-dollar waterfront rental. :whistle:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I'm available, and I sing karaoke too. We can have a blast. Oh wait what will I do with my kidlets.......nevermind.:buddies:

G

GVF

Yeah, might try the equiery, but we have decided to look for someone now that the dowstairs "mini- apt" is available. (freeloading sister finally moved OUT!!!) If I put an ad in the equiery, the ad wont come out until Dec, and we would be then looking at most likely Jan before someone would be moving in. Any other Ideas for me??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yeah, might try the equiery, but we have decided to look for someone now that the dowstairs "mini- apt" is available. (freeloading sister finally moved OUT!!!) If I put an ad in the equiery, the ad wont come out until Dec, and we would be then looking at most likely Jan before someone would be moving in. Any other Ideas for me??

Ohh pick me pick me.

covekat

GVF... maybe ALL the local tack shops? Wondering if you can run an add online with the Equiry that will come out sooner?