question about suspended registration

T

The Showstopper

i was out of the country when my car was due to go through emissions, and the registration is now suspended. my question is, after going to get it inspected, will it automatically be reinstated or will i then need to go to the mva with proof of it passing?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
i was out of the country when my car was due to go through emissions, and the registration is now suspended. my question is, after going to get it inspected, will it automatically be reinstated or will i then need to go to the mva with proof of it passing?

This is Maryland. It's always better to do the most inconvenient and most expensive option. If you depend on the 'system' automatically updating your registration status, you can count on the po-po pulling you over and ticketing you if you don't have an official piece of paper to show them (spoken from personal experience).

mizteresa1965

You'd be better off contacting the emissions dept or mva for this one. Just sayin.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Just MY 2 cents worth.....
Having gone through a registration suspension myself; I'm here to tell you that you're going to have to go to A.A. County and get your tags re-issued and the registration re-done. Unless your tags have been confiscated by SMCPD or MSP; you're gonna have to take the old one's and turn them in.

BTW.....be ready to pay registration fees and/or fines.

BOP

Just MY 2 cents worth.....
Having gone through a registration suspension myself; I'm here to tell you that you're going to have to go to A.A. County and get your tags re-issued and the registration re-done. Unless your tags have been confiscated by SMCPD or MSP; you're gonna have to take the old one's and turn them in.

BTW.....be ready to pay registration fees and/or fines.

Bring Vaseline.

FED_UP

Might get off with less fees if your active duty.

pointfarm

Call Emissions, tell them you were out of town and they will extend the deadline another 30-60 days or so. Once you pass, your registration should be fine - be sure and carry the emissions document at all times!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
There would be fines if your insurance expired and you didn't turn your plates in.

That's what I'm wondering, if the insurance never lapsed then there may be no fines to pay. Not unless MVA fines if your registration expires and your tags are not turned in.....never really thought about it.

lovinmaryland

That's what I'm wondering, if the insurance never lapsed then there may be no fines to pay. Not unless MVA fines if your registration expires and your tags are not turned in.....never really thought about it.

They dont. Which is what I always found odd. You go 1 day w/ out insurance and get ready for a $150 fine. You forget to renew your tags for 3 months and nothing! Zip! Nada!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
They dont. Which is what I always found odd. You go 1 day w/ out insurance and get ready for a $150 fine. You forget to renew your tags for 3 months and nothing! Zip! Nada!

Only in America! :yay: Guess worse case scenario then is they won't issue a new registration until you turn the old tags in.

ReadingTheNews

How long were you out of the country? I only ask because we forgot about the emissions for one of our vehicles (almost 3 months); took it in, got it done and didn't have any problems or anything. Just paid the late fee - which I think tripled the amount owed! - and we were good.

But this was probably close to ten years ago........

:shrug:

Justme2

If I was you I get copies of where you were to prove you were on tour of duty and out of the country. If you just show up at the emissions test they might just take your tags then and there. And I am reading on my current Emissions test statement An additional $15.00 late fee for every 4 weeks or 28 days it's late.:whistle: