St. Mary's Co. Question about "The system"

BernieP

Resident PIA
Doing a little "research" on a petty criminal. Noticed this "young person" has had a fair number of traffic tickets.
Speeding, noticed first that the speed was always just 9 MPH over the posted limit.
Second thing was both speeding and other tickets showed the case closed, no fines or fees.
Looked up another person, a friend, and they had the same speeding charge but got a nice $80 ticket.

So what gives with party A, how do they skate on their pocket full and the other person gets hit with the fine?
Let me just say, person A is NOT a rocket scientist, and a petty criminal.
Person B is good, upstanding person, very intelligent.

Nepotism, Cronyism?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Depends on jurisdiction. In St. Mary's you can do community service or make a donation to Project Graduation and get it placed on stet docket.

edit: I will say that numerous times seems unlikely, but once or twice they let you do that.

TPD

the poor dad
Person B just mailing in the fine vs person A going to court and deputy not showing up so charges dropped?

Sometimes it's just who knows who. When I was 16 I got pulled over for speeding. Easy ticket for the cop, but he looked at my license and said, "Are you .....'s son?" I said yes. Just got a warning.

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on jurisdiction. In St. Mary's you can do community service or make a donation to Project Graduation and get it placed on stet docket.

edit: I will say that numerous times seems unlikely, but once or twice they let you do that.

I think you get two either community service or donation.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Or possibly a "valued informant" that those within the "system" want to protect.
I'm going with this one as they are an addict, only money they have is what they can steal. Has a kid, I think mom and dad take care of the grandchild. So I'd eliminate community service and donations. I also know if the cop doesn't show up, you don't get a free pass, they reschedule based on the officers next court date. I think they give the state three shots. Which is funny because if you miss a date, you don't get a free pass.