Question for Republicans

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Would you really vote for someone other than Trump in the 2020 primary?

It's just kind of stunning to me that any of these GOP jerks would be so egotistical and out of touch to run against him. I find it hard to believe any of them have a big enough fan club that they'd even come close.

Reactions: BOP

This_person

Would you really vote for someone other than Trump in the 2020 primary?

It's just kind of stunning to me that any of these GOP jerks would be so egotistical and out of touch to run against him. I find it hard to believe any of them have a big enough fan club that they'd even come close.

I'd absolutely vote for someone I believed would act in a far more conservative, but just as ballsy, manner as Trump. I didn't vote for Trump in the last primary, I voted for Scott Walker. Why? Because he is just as ballsy at defying establishment norms (proven as governor of a blue state), but what he did it for was far more conservative than Trump. He didn't create massive budget deficits or let them keep going - he cut taxes AND spending in his state. He fought against union control of government. He did his job as a conservative, and never backed down when the Democrats in his state legislature went berserk, like leaving the state so there wouldn't be a quorum to allow for the State Senate to have votes on things they didn't like.

Walker's not running against Trump (he's working on getting enough states together to have a constitutional Article V convention to fix a lot of government), but if there were someone out there who was like that and was running against Trump in a primary, I'd definitely vote for that person. If someone were like that in the Democrat primary, I'd vote for that person.

Since it is exceptionally unlikely that anyone will be like that, it's just as unlikely I'll vote against Trump in the primary. I mean, who is likely to do so? Weld? Kasich? Hogan? Those are not people I would vote for against Trump in a primary, because that would be essentially giving the presidency to a Democrat: whether they win, or the Democrat wins the presidency would make not a lick of difference in policy, it would all be Democrat policies regardless of the letter after the president at that point.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sure would. Trumps penchant for jackassery like this most recent McCain thing and taunting people helps nothing. There's a lot to like, but a lot not to. Will the Rs actually put up a candidate like that? Of course not.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I would definitely if the candidate was a true conservative, have a lot of Trump’s hoodzpa, and have the ability to show some class and statesmanship.

Reactions: BOP