Question on trailer\truck height

mingiz

Horse Poor
Morning all,
I have a problem. I had to change the hitch coupler on my gooseneck. Now it's sitting up in the front to high. Does anyone know what the proper height is between the trailer and truck bed rails for a safe clearence. I have heard between 7-10 inches? :shrug: Ok if anyone has there rig hooked up go measure it for me... :huggy: :lmao: Thanks....I tried asking on horsetrailerworld but haven't gotten a reply...Figured maybe this would be faster....

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Id say higher then that mine is 12" and I hit a hill on the right hand side of the trailer the other day and the left side went down hard and mashed the eye bolts on the side of the truck bed :frown:

Bud

Fire!
The goal is to make the trailer just a tad front end high. This spreads the load of the horses equally over both axles and gives the horses a close to normal stance. All this takes is hooking the rig up on level ground and eyeballing it. You will probably have close to the clearance you mentioned after the adjustment.

I made my adjustments with the trailer loaded. Not sure if it made a difference, but I did it anyway for peace of mind.