Question

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BS Gal said:
Do farriers still use that lip thing to distract the horses?
If they want to distract the horse, why don't they just put a pinup of a naked girl horsie in front of them?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
you mean a twitch? Never knew they used one in the past...
They used to do this rope thing around the horses upper lip when I rode. They'd take it and twist the upper lip to distract the horse from kicking the hot, I mean, the good looking farrier. It was pretty cruel.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BS Gal said:
They used to do this rope thing around the horses upper lip when I rode. They'd take it and twist the upper lip to distract the horse from kicking the hot, I mean, the good looking farrier. It was pretty cruel.

Bad horse...I only do that to real pricks.. :lmao:

fredsaid2

Only looks cruel, the pressure on the horse’s upper lip causes the brain to release natural painkillers, endorphins.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
BS Gal said:
yea ... that's a twitch... nowadays it's a metal chain...
it's kinda like a predator instinct.. when grabbed, the horse becomes 'stoned' as if succumbing. It's not cruel.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
yea ... that's a twitch... nowadays it's a metal chain...
it's kinda like a predator instinct.. when grabbed, the horse becomes 'stoned' as if succumbing. It's not cruel.
Thinking back to the 70's, it was a chain. I always thought it was cruel.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fredsaid2 said:
Only looks cruel, the pressure on the horse’s upper lip causes the brain to release natural painkillers, endorphins.
Is it just the lip or does all pain act like a painkiller?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
vraiblonde said:
Is it just the lip or does all pain act like a painkiller?

All pain or not pain just things they dont like...like shaing the inside of their ears..etc

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
sometimes grabbing the ear or a pinch of skin on the neck has the same effect with some horses...

Yeah I just hate to ear twitch as they get ear shy..Now I will neck twitch too... or just a good old fashion lip chain.. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pasofever said:
Yeah I just hate to ear twitch as they get ear shy..Now I will neck twitch too... or just a good old fashion lip chain.. :yay:
Do you think the lip chain would work on DR when he gets mouthy? If so, do you have one I can borrow?

Giddy up!

Pasofever said:
you think those will work on Emily? Cuz I was real close to a under the lips shank on her ass tonite!