Question..

T

toppick08

K,.......got a 14 foot jon boat, you think I can make it down and back McIntosh run...without having to pick it up :lol:...TIA...Ty,..for any inputs.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
How wide? I've run my 14' canoe (with me and the mrs. in it) down there with no probs, just a little scraping.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It'll be tight in a couple of spots maybe, but it is a nice little float.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Check the tide table before you head out. High tide will make it a lot easier to clear the low spots.

thatguy

Check the tide table before you head out. High tide will make it a lot easier to clear the low spots.

watch out when it appears to open up at the end of the run. It gets incredibly shallow and if you are using an outboard you are going to want to keep it tilted half up to avoid getting in to too much mud

T

toppick08

watch out when it appears to open up at the end of the run. It gets incredibly shallow and if you are using an outboard you are going to want to keep it tilted half up to avoid getting in to too much mud

trolling motor.......and paddles......ty.

thatguy

trolling motor.......and paddles......ty.

you will probably want to keep that pulled up a little too. at low tide you are talking about a foot of water if you are lucky in the wide section at the end.
But the run is worth fishing, perch small rock and even the occasional bass....

you can also put in for free at abells warf if you are looking to fish brenton bay

T

toppick08

you will probably want to keep that pulled up a little too. at low tide you are talking about a foot of water if you are lucky in the wide section at the end.
But the run is worth fishing, perch small rock and even the occasional bass....

you can also put in for free at abells warf if you are looking to fish brenton bay

ty..

jrt_ms1995

K,.......got a 14 foot jon boat, you think I can make it down and back McIntosh run...without having to pick it up :lol:...TIA...Ty,..for any inputs.

If you're leaving from under the Hwy 5 bridge (and I guess that's about the only public place where you can), I don't think you'll make it unless it's above average high tide. Of course, the flooding a few months ago could have washed away or eroded some of the sand bars we've stuck our canoe on. We just stepped out and pulled it a few feet, no big deal.