Question

K

Kain99

My best friend Sandy and her hubby Dave attend weekly.... Biscuit and I leave our home parish and join them from time to time.

K

Kain99

PS.... If you'd like to meet us, We'd welcome you with open arms at Yakky's tomorrow since our old decrepit backs just couldn't finish the fence today. :biggrin:

demsformd

Lauren, you attended the school? That is outstanding, my son Tom attended there while we lived in St. Mary's County during the early 1980s. It is a pity that we could not stay longer and see him graduate from there.

Reason that I am asking is that I am completely disillusioned with St. Alyosius and really would like to find a different church to attend. I loved attending St. John's when I was younger and maybe I should try it again. There was this priest there back then I think his name was like Fr. Harrison or something like that. Is he still there because I loved listening to his sermons and the quick pace that he followed. Thanks for the input fellas.

demsformd

Yeah the crosses turned me off and so did the type of people there. I've dealt with too many people like them over the past 10 years and they are all incredibly self-rightous. Not true Catholics if you ask me. I just remember St. John's being down to earth and having people that are true Catholics. That and half of my family goes there and I can connect with more people in Hollywood than Leonardtown. So yeah and it sounds like that priest is still there.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Father Harris is still at St. Johns, along with at least one younger priest...

One thing about it, those crosses during "Anti-Abortion Week" or whatever they called it, definitely raised people's awareness of abortion! I can't tell you how many times that week I heard or read about "all the crosses."

The Church's job is to preach morality. This was just an outward expression that touched many people.