Questionable shipping

fredsaid2

So, would you accept this? It's a new saddle from Dover.

Attachments

• 0313091620.jpg
    0313091620.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 180

fredsaid2

I'm sending it back regardless. A smart person told me there could be damage to the tree even though it feels solid. It will only take them another two weeks to ship a new one. Maybe they can even find an appropriate box this time!

Cowgirl

I'm sending it back regardless. A smart person told me there could be damage to the tree even though it feels solid. It will only take them another two weeks to ship a new one. Maybe they can even find an appropriate box this time!

Or maybe the shippers can not run it over with the truck? :whistle:

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yeah somebody did a number on that box. I would not have accepted it at all. But at least you got pictures. Good for you.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I love your ceramic tile floor. I would definatley return it with a copy of the photo. It might get even more damaged on the way back.

devinej

good grief. that's awful. what shipping service did they use? need to go complain to them too, send them a picture, tell them the item is Rather Expensive.

ps: what kinda saddle you gettin??

fredsaid2

I will have to say, Dover's has great customer service. They are 2-daying a replacement out monday and sending a return label for the original one, I didn't even have to push. I offered to include photos of the box, she was happy to have them. They may use them in training or to make a case against the shipper (FedEx).

It's one of their Circuit saddles. They were running a great sale and I finally sold my Crosby so I could justify the purchase! It also came w/ a fairly nice bridle. Don't know what I'll do w/ another one but...

Thank you Beenspur'd, I love that tile! I specifically wanted something that wouldn't look dirty even though it generally is.

The fit looks good just sitting it on his back. Depending on weather I'd like to cinch it and take a quick walk around today. They were running around like they'd lost their minds last night. Hope it's all out of their system now. Actually I'll probably put up the DD first. :wink:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I will have to say, Dover's has great customer service. They are 2-daying a replacement out monday and sending a return label for the original one, I didn't even have to push. I offered to include photos of the box, she was happy to have them. They may use them in training or to make a case against the shipper (FedEx).

It's one of their Circuit saddles. They were running a great sale and I finally sold my Crosby so I could justify the purchase! It also came w/ a fairly nice bridle. Don't know what I'll do w/ another one but...

Thank you Beenspur'd, I love that tile! I specifically wanted something that wouldn't look dirty even though it generally is.

The fit looks good just sitting it on his back. Depending on weather I'd like to cinch it and take a quick walk around today. They were running around like they'd lost their minds last night. Hope it's all out of their system now. Actually I'll probably put up the DD first. :wink:

That was a great price on the Circuits!!! I was thinking about one for the boys. I'm also holding onto my PDN which I think my oldest could ride in within a few years.

fredsaid2

That was a great price on the Circuits!!! I was thinking about one for the boys. I'm also holding onto my PDN which I think my oldest could ride in within a few years.

I think I've seen used Circuit ponys at pretty nice prices. Maybe you'll luck into one of those in the right size. The Rodrigo Pony' are super if you can fine one. I had my eye on a couple used Circuits but the sale price was lower. That doesn't come along every day! I even bought some hair nets today. Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow. :smile:

FrmGrl

Get some!
I think I've seen used Circuit ponys at pretty nice prices. Maybe you'll luck into one of those in the right size. The Rodrigo Pony' are super if you can fine one. I had my eye on a couple used Circuits but the sale price was lower. That doesn't come along every day! I even bought some hair nets today. Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow. :smile:
They make the Rodrigo pony with a deep seat now too. But it only comes in one size.

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
Hey Fred, glad you finally got it, but man what a number they did to the box. I wonder what they were doing with it in WV for so long, huh?