Questions About MD Tax Increases? Answers @ 3:30

TPD

the poor dad
Matt Morgan is taking questions today on his FB page about the proposed tax increases and fees and other proposed legislation.

IMG_0418.jpeg

TPD

the poor dad
This also from Matt:

News coverage of Bad Housing Bills from Maryland Matters article:

HB 693 carries Governor Moore’s Renter’s Rights and Stabilization Act of 2024, which would give tenants residing in a rental property the right of first refusal if the landowner wants to sell. Tenants would then have an opportunity to purchase the property before a third party could buy it.

Del. Matthew Morgan (R-St. Mary’s) called the bill’s measure to provide tenants the right of first refusal “ridiculous.”

“This misguided legislation is what happens when we allow activists to write the legislation instead of actual professionals that deal with this every day,” he said.

To read the article: https://www.marylandmatters.org/2024/03/19/landlord-tenant-bills-provide-drama-in-crossover-day-house-action/

You can view my comments on this legislation if you would like to watch them here. https://youtu.be/ZUmXO7tz88Y

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This also from Matt:
This one I just don't get. What does it provide that didn't already exist?? There has never been anything standing in the way of any tenant purchasing the property they are renting if it comes up for sale. Nothing except their own financial qualifications.

GregV814

Moonhead Moore does what his master tell him to do. He's taken the cue card from the top and says, "hey, I be famous and stuff"...
He's another Biden!
The General Assembly struck down the tax for services plan.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
This one I just don't get. What does it provide that didn't already exist?? There has never been anything standing in the way of any tenant purchasing the property they are renting if it comes up for sale. Nothing except their own financial qualifications.
Because you have a cohort of the population who would rather rent their entire lives than buy because then you have to pay for property taxes and upkeep. When you rent the landlord pays for all that. And you can't afford a Benz when you own a house.

dave20

I haven't checked to see where it stands at this point but there was a Bill I believe was already passed by the Md. Senate to add an 11% tax to all ammunition and firearms sales. This would include any related accessories as well. This is to help offset costs at the State's Shock Trauma Units related to shooting victims. SB784 has had it's initial reading in the House of Delegates and has been sent to committee. Over a period of time it will raise tax to as much as 11 or 12 percent.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I haven't checked to see where it stands at this point but there was a Bill I believe was already passed by the Md. Senate to add an 11% tax to all ammunition and firearms sales. This would include any related accessories as well. This is to help offset costs at the State's Shock Trauma Units related to shooting victims. SB784 has had it's initial reading in the House of Delegates and has been sent to committee. Over a period of time it will raise tax to as much as 11 or 12 percent.
And we all know that the guys doing 99.999% of the shootings will be the ones paying that 11%. They're the same one who clog up the system when you want to buy a handgun.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanks goodness for Big Dogs in King George, VA. And there is another gun shop opened up even before you get to Big Dogs; been meaning to stop by and pay them a visit.

TPD

the poor dad
From Senator Jennings:

The Senate passed Senate Bill 488: Civil Actions – Public Nuisances – Firearm Industry Members (Gun Industry Accountability Act of 2024). This legislation grants the Maryland Attorney General the ability to sue gun manufacturers and dealers for financial damages if deemed to be a “bad actor.”​
S.gif
time_for_taxes.jpg

The Senate passed Senate Bill 784: Comprehensive Community Safety Funding Act which creates a new 11 percent sales tax on firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition. This bill once again imposes further financial burdens on law-abiding gun owners.​

TPD

the poor dad
From Delagate Mark Fisher:

This week, Annapolis debated the State's Budget. The House of Delegates included so many taxes & fees that, if passed, would result in the largest tax increase in Maryland’s history.

As you can imagine, Annapolis Democrats tried to use the argument of income inequality as justification for the proposed massive tax increase. In fact, the taxes & fees affect every single Marylander.

Eventually, Annapolis runs out of other people’s money. Watch the debate and tell me what you think.​
Annapolis Democrats Fight for Tax Increases

zar

Theist
get the hell out of maryland ASAP unless you plan on dying soon, in 10 years time you will be living under economic suppression and a bunch of other looney things to add to the existing pile.

Clem72

get the hell out of maryland ASAP unless you plan on dying soon, in 10 years time you will be living under economic suppression and a bunch of other looney things to add to the existing pile.
I will just plan to spend the bulk of my retirement nest egg in the next 10, that way I will be indigent and can rely on the rest of you to pay for my living expenses. Thank you.