questions about my new adopted dog...

lilredhearts

I adopted the sweetest dog from tri county on the 21st, they said i could pick her up from the vet on the 27th. When i went to pick her up, they said everything went great with her spay but that she was pregnant. the first couple days she seemed to be adjusting very well... no she walks aroun the house with stuffed animals crying and trying to crawl into small places... could this be her mothering instinct kicking in?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I adopted the sweetest dog from tri county on the 21st, they said i could pick her up from the vet on the 27th. When i went to pick her up, they said everything went great with her spay but that she was pregnant. the first couple days she seemed to be adjusting very well... no she walks aroun the house with stuffed animals crying and trying to crawl into small places... could this be her mothering instinct kicking in?

Awwww, poor girl! I bet it is, probably hormones too (dogs have em' just like us). Good luck with her!

mizteresa1965

It's her mothering instincts........after we spayed my lab mix, we always knew when she "should have" gone into heat when she grabbed this ugly squeaky toy, and laid on it like to nurse, and if you got near it, she would growl, she'd carry it around crying. But once her "heat cycle" was gone, the ugly squeaky toy when back in the toy basket........till the next "cycle". It lasted about 1 1/2 year, but eventually went away.