Questions about seeing Walking Dead sites/tours

gretchen

Does anyone know if the film sites are areas private property and thus require a tour to access - such as Morgans apartment? Or are they all just out in the open? I've researched this and asked a few tour companies and they don't seem to want to answer. I know a lot of them are just old crappy areas no one else would care about but I'm particularly wondering about Morgan's,the arena where the zombie fights were held,and the Esso mill. I've looked all over and while I can find addresses and so on,I can't find out if they are on private property.

tuffenuff2

Does anyone know if the film sites are areas private property and thus require a tour to access - such as Morgans apartment? Or are they all just out in the open? I've researched this and asked a few tour companies and they don't seem to want to answer. I know a lot of them are just old crappy areas no one else would care about but I'm particularly wondering about Morgan's,the arena where the zombie fights were held,and the Esso mill. I've looked all over and while I can find addresses and so on,I can't find out if they are on private property.

Having done the two tours in January I can tell you that most of the places are privately owned or the tours have the rights and keys to the places. The tour has the keys to Morgans apartment, the Zombie arena and the Esso mill.

tuffenuff2

Woodbury is a beautiful town to visit though and you can see the Alexandria set at the bottom of the hill. Why not take the tours they are well worth the money?!!

gretchen

Woodbury is a beautiful town to visit though and you can see the Alexandria set at the bottom of the hill. Why not take the tours they are well worth the money?!!

I just imagined a tour where there is endless gum chewing yapping followed by waiting for douche bags with selfie sticks photograph their spawn doing duck face.

tuffenuff2

I just imagined a tour where there is endless gum chewing yapping followed by waiting for douche bags with selfie sticks photograph their spawn doing duck face.
Our tours were nothing like that. Everybody was really nice. There were people of all ages. The tour guides were both walkers on the show so they had a lot of great information. If you go to the Atlanta Tours website you can see pictures of the tours. The buses are not the huge buses or double decker tourist ones but more like a mini bus. They take you off the bus at several sites- the Arena, the mill, the bridge where Rick rides into Atlanta, Morgans.

gretchen

Our tours were nothing like that. Everybody was really nice. There were people of all ages. The tour guides were both walkers on the show so they had a lot of great information. If you go to the Atlanta Tours website you can see pictures of the tours. The buses are not the huge buses or double decker tourist ones but more like a mini bus. They take you off the bus at several sites- the Arena, the mill, the bridge where Rick rides into Atlanta, Morgans.

Hmm,now I'm intrigued. A mini bus. I seem to recall being told as a kid that the short bus was in my future.