Questions on Motels & Campgrounds in Southern MD

proudmama1

Please, tell me what you know about the Motels in La Plata, Bel Alton, Faulkner, etc. I need to stay as near La Plata as I can. I will be coming up for the July 4th. week/weekend. And I need to know if some of these motels that are not major chains are OK to stay at. Which are better and which should I stay away from? Also, is the Aqua Land Campground a good place to stay. I would like any information available. I have never been to Maryland and don't know anything about the area. Thank You.

C

czygvtwkr

Aqualand is a dump as most independent motels around here probably are.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Please, tell me what you know about the Motels in La Plata, Bel Alton, Faulkner, etc. I need to stay as near La Plata as I can. I will be coming up for the July 4th. week/weekend. And I need to know if some of these motels that are not major chains are OK to stay at. Which are better and which should I stay away from? Also, is the Aqua Land Campground a good place to stay. I would like any information available. I have never been to Maryland and don't know anything about the area. Thank You.
Port Tobacco Marina & Campground
7610 Shirley Blvd
Port Tobacco, MD 20677
(301) 870-3133

10 minutes tops from LaPlata.

proudmama1

Not a campground

Port Tobacco Marina & Campground
7610 Shirley Blvd
Port Tobacco, MD 20677
(301) 870-3133

10 minutes tops from LaPlata.

This place is for fishing and boating I was told. I called and they said no camping allowed. Thanks for the information anyway.

OldHillcrestGuy

Dont stay at any of the motels in Bel Alton, or Faulkner all are dumps, pretty much homeless people at all of them.
In Laplata, there is one on the corner of Rt 301 and Rt. 6, believe its not so great either. There are a couple of chain motels in LaPlata but cant think of what they are.
Not far from LaPlata, 15 miles, 15 minutes or so in Charlotte Hall, there is the Charlotte Hall Motel, been there forever and appears to be kept clean and doesnt appear to cater to the homeless.