Quick getaway spots

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...drive to Penn Station in B'more.

Take the train!

The 'A' train? :killingme

Glad to hear y'all had a great time. Hubby and I might be going up in the fall. :cheers:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Funny you should mention...

...the 'A' train.

As you may know there is an 'A' train. It's a blue. We got on it intending to stop somewhere along Central Park.

Well. It stops at the bottom and then again...at 125th street.

It's the Express.

This was not MY fault.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...the 'A' train.

As you may know there is an 'A' train. It's a blue. We got on it intending to stop somewhere along Central Park.

Well. It stops at the bottom and then again...at 125th street.

It's the Express.

This was not MY fault.

:lmao: So how much did it wind up costing you? Has Vrai forgiven you yet? :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
What's your favorite within an easy drive of Southern Maryland?
Inner Harbor and Fredericksburg, VA are two of my favorite day trips. And I used to like to pub crawl in Fells Point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
Has Vrai forgiven you yet?
My fault. I put us on the Express instead of the Local. All we had to do was run up the stairs and get on the other train to get where we were supposed to be. Larry's just all happy that after serving as tour guide know-it-all for three days and leading him around, I got us on the wrong subway train. :lol:

Whoever invented the subway should get the Nobel Prize. :yay:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
vraiblonde said:
Inner Harbor and Fredericksburg, VA are two of my favorite day trips. And I used to like to pub crawl in Fells Point.

love fredericksburg
i try to go every other month its nice and i like the little shops

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Skyline drive. Rent a cabin, it's worth it. It's so beautiful, especially in the fall. And there's so many animals, the deer come right up to you and you can see in excess of 200 a day...My grandparents used to take us for a day (they live about 45 mins from there) when we were kids, and I still love it. You can go to Lurray Caverns and Cooter's Garage :lmao:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
went over to luray last month. It was great saw 6 deer together and took some pictures. Its so nice . Plan on going again next year!!

fttrsbeerwench

I can really relate to this topic..

I love to go to Philadelphia on a Friday, do the museums all day , then hit the weirdo clubs at night.
I love Swallow Falls in Western MD, Reading,PA has a beautiful pagoda( but it's a h*** of a hike to get there).
Winchester, Va, the whole area is good for winos(like myself) , south of there you will find a big teepee, Minnetonka mocs and exquisite turquois jewelry, tons of blankets( if you are in the the exploitation of the native peoples).
I am a firm believer that when the going gets tough, this chick hits the road for long drive. There's nothing like it to clear your head, and sometimes you gotta move to keep yourself grounded. Who want's to hop in the car with me now!! I am motivated!