Quick - pick one!

Pick one.

• Keep Obama, lose the health bill

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Lose Obama, keep the health bill

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
(1) President Obama (and slim Democratic control over Congress) through 2017 and an immediate (and permanent) repeal of the health care legislation

(2) Former President Obama as of 2013 and the health care legislation is here to stay

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'd rather be a "Gringo in Belize",:yay:

Well he came down on vacation, 'cause he liked the tropic sun

Margaritas and the music, made it all seem fun

He bought a piece of heaven on the Carribean seas

He's a happy little camper in Belize

He began to build a condo, but the labor cost was high

His partner stole his money, that left him high and dry

His land is still a mudhole, where you sink up to your knees

And he's just another gringo in Belize

Chorus:

He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,

Seems to think that money grows on trees

He's a whiner, he's a loser, he's a pothead, he's a boozer,

He's just another gringo in Belize

Well he used to have a girlfriend that now he can't afford

Since one of his investments got busted at the border

He wasted all his money paying bribes and fines and fees

Oh, he sold his motorcycle, somebody stole his boat

They ran it on the reef and now the damn thing just won't float

The only thing's that free is mud, mosquitoes and the breeze

Chorus

Now he'll drink a beer for breakfast, he'll chase it with rum punch

He's smoking up his dinner, he's a snorting up his lunch

He's been wasted on the mainland, now he's stoned out in the Cayes

Chorus

He's just another gringo in Belize

Sounds like a pretty good goddamned life to me

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ugh.

If we keep Obama and lose the Commie medicine, they'll just push through some other heinousity.

If we lose Obama, can the next Congress repeal the Commie medicine? Or is it here to stay for ever and always, no matter what? Can they modify it? Or blow it up with other legislation?

Ugh.

If we keep Obama and lose the Commie medicine, they'll just push through some other heinousity.

If we lose Obama, can the next Congress repeal the Commie medicine? Or is it here to stay for ever and always, no matter what? Can they modify it? Or blow it up with other legislation?

Here to stay for your lifetime, with no major modifications.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here to stay for your lifetime, with no major modifications.

Hmmm...

I'll pick "lose Obama". This is just the tip of the iceberg and I'm scared what those freaks will come up with next when they're all sitting around the Oval Office smoking pot, listening to Lennon and pondering existential utopia.

PsyOps

Pixelated
(1) President Obama (and slim Democratic control over Congress) through 2017 and an immediate (and permanent) repeal of the health care legislation

(2) Former President Obama as of 2013 and the health care legislation is here to stay

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems your logic is backwards.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I would like to choose "none of the above" but I didn't see it listed.

That said, I have to go for the lesser of two evils.

Using that logic (and it's questionable), I opted for "lose Obama keep healthcare" simply and solely based upon his track record of coming up with insane asinine ideas that threaten the basis upon which our country was founded. If we keep him and lose the Health care, he'll just think up another way to do an end run around the wishes of the American people on that one and a multitude of other ones as yet to be imagined (or dreamt of in nightmares).

On another note, Tilted, why do you want to go and ruin a perfectly wonderful weekend by thinking up catch-22's like this one to ruin our good moods??????

On that note, signing off --going out to lunch with a friend & then playing with gardening for the rest of the day. Y'all try to enjoy the rest of the weekend without getting depressed over politics... :lmao:

FredFlash

Ugh.

Too bad for you that most Americans are Communists and love Commie medicine.

bcp

In My Opinion

you pick one first
1) boiling acid poured into your open eyes
2) a hot soldering iron shoved up your butt till your crack welds shut.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems your logic is backwards.

You're missing that it isn't an inquiry into which likely (or even plausible) scenario is more desirable or palatable. It's a hypothetical inquiring as to what people find more desirable or palatable - even though the developments being linked are, in reality, more likely to work against each other than promote each other.

If you could get rid of one, but had to keep the other, which would you choose to get rid of: President Obama or the health care legislation?

For fans of President Obama and the health care legislation, the question might be more like: If you could only keep one, and had to lose the other, which would you choose?

On another note, Tilted, why do you want to go and ruin a perfectly wonderful weekend by thinking up catch-22's like this one to ruin our good moods??????

See, I posted this during the week and got it out of the way. It's not my fault that you didn't get around to reading it until the weekend. :lol:

There were no miscellaneous political contemplations bouncing around in my head this weekend - mostly just expectations of golfing glories to come, followed by the usual consternations about golfing glories that never came.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
See, I posted this during the week and got it out of the way. It's not my fault that you didn't get around to reading it until the weekend. :lol:

There were no miscellaneous political contemplations bouncing around in my head this weekend - mostly just expectations of golfing glories to come, followed by the usual consternations about golfing glories that never came.

My bad -- wasn't too observant concerning dates. Didn't have a lot of time for politics & such last week as I was reading books (go figure! :lmao:).

Sorry about the golf...:ohwell:
At least you had a chance to enjoy the anticipation part!

My bad -- wasn't too observant concerning dates. Didn't have a lot of time for politics & such last week as I was reading books (go figure! :lmao:).

Sorry about the golf...:ohwell:
At least you had a chance to enjoy the anticipation part!

I was just goofing with you.

About golf - I almost never score as well as I expect to when I tee off, but I usually have fun regardless.

E

EmptyTimCup

gee make it tough why dont ya