Quintuplets Born at UMd. Medical Center

Hot N Bothered

BALTIMORE (AP) - Jennell Dickens is single, petite, and 22 years old.
On Wednesday, she became the mother of quintuplets
The hospital has established the Dickens Quintuplets Fund to collect donations for the babies.
They've been named JaMir Amare, Si'ani Ritay, NaRae Dimetria, Jade and Rayne Anye.

link

I read in a different article that the quints were conceived after a single round of fertility drugs.

There is just so much wrong with this picture, I don't even know where to start. :shakeshead:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Hot N Bothered said:
22 yr old single woman taking fertility drugs. You don't see anything wrong with that?
Do you have to be a certain age? I thought you just had to have been trying for a specific length of time and go through a bunch of tests.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:yeahthat: And does insurance cover fertility drugs/testing? If not, I would assume she had enough money to pay for it, and if so, I would assume she were gainfully employed and therefore has income and health insurance. :shrug: Community help in the light of giving birth to multiples is very common, even with married couples.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
:yeahthat: And does insurance cover fertility drugs/testing? If not, I would assume she had enough money to pay for it, and if so, I would assume she were gainfully employed and therefore has income and health insurance. :shrug: Community help in the light of giving birth to multiples is very common, even with married couples.

JaMir Amare, Si'ani Ritay, NaRae Dimetria, Jade and Rayne Anye

Rayne Anye? Unforgivable. :nono:

I can't decide if "Jade" got lucky or ripped off. :lmao:

meme

The Smart Hooker
This is a toughie...maybe she should have thought about birth control even if she was taking the drugs for a hormonal imbalance.

But on a lighter note...she seems happy and her family seems happy. Least the kids will be loved rather then put up for adoption or left in a garbage can in some alley. Looks like she has alot of support (with or without the father.) :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
meme said:
This is a toughie...maybe she should have thought about birth control even if she was taking the drugs for a hormonal imbalance.

But on a lighter note...she seems happy and her family seems happy. Least the kids will be loved rather then put up for adoption or left in a garbage can in some alley. Looks like she has alot of support (with or without the father.) :yay:
I didn't read the article. There's no bebe daddy?

meme

The Smart Hooker
K_Jo said:
I didn't read the article. There's no bebe daddy?

This is from the article:

She did not mention the father of the children, and hospital officials gave no other details.

Makes you kinda say "hmmmm"

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
meme said:
She did not mention the father of the children, and hospital officials gave no other details.

Makes you kinda say "hmmmm"

Nope, it kinda makes me say welfare momma. I'll bet dada comes forward to strike it rich on the cash cow soon and they live happily ever after. :rolleyes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
K_Jo said:
Let's give her one. How about Jade N'cole? :jet:

When my Daughter was born, my wife's students voted on a name. The winner was Bonequisha. I think she will always thank us for naming her Megan.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
MMDad said:
When my Daughter was born, my wife's students voted on a name. The winner was Bonequisha. I think she will always thank us for naming her Megan.
Well look at it this way, if she ever decided to become a pro wrestler she could always be Da Bonesquisha.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Sharon said:
Nope, it kinda makes me say welfare momma. I'll bet dada comes forward to strike it rich on the cash cow soon and they live happily ever after. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he'll be around shortly after they appear on a few talk shows and more in media spotlight...especially if they get a new house, bigger car, all this baby stuff and lots of other donations. I'm sure Oprah or someone will come to their rescue. :lmao: