quitting smoking

MMDad

Lem Putt
HillBillyChick said:
I am thinking of going to the classes at the hospital/health department to quit. Has anyone tried this? Any advice?
I quit cold turkey 14 years ago, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Good luck! It's difficult, but you will be so happy once you succeed.

M

Mousebaby

I too quit cold Turkey about 11 yr.s ago. You need something to give you incentive. Just like you do when your dieting. My incentive was I wanted to have a baby and my husband refused to allow me to have one until I quit. I understood his position and agreed. Good luck in however you manage to do it. Be strong and you'll do fine! :huggy:

Mikeinsmd

MMDad said:
I quit cold turkey 14 years ago, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Good luck! It's difficult, but you will be so happy once you succeed.
Everyone I know who were successful quit cold turkey. :yay:

F

Fallen

Mousebaby said:
I too quit cold Turkey about 11 yr.s ago. You need something to give you incentive. Just like you do when your dieting. My incentive was I wanted to have a baby and my husband refused to allow me to have one until I quit. I understood his position and agreed. Good luck in however you manage to do it. Be strong and you'll do fine! :huggy:
I quit both times I found out I was pregnant, unfortunately, I picked it back up.

I'm trying to figure out how to quit, I thought I had talked myself into it with the health risks and it worked for about a day, then I was all :jameo:

BrassieChic

HillBillyChick said:
I am thinking of going to the classes at the hospital/health department to quit. Has anyone tried this? Any advice?

Let me know! Me and a friend would love to quit but we are afraid we'd kill our husbands. Okay it's actually the husband's that are afraid of this! :lmao:

Nanny Pam

Good luck to anyone who is trying to quit!
Good for all of you! :yay:
It was probably one of the hardest things I had to do.

HillBillyChick

Well, I come from a household of smokers so we are all making baby steps right now. No smoking in the house. No smoking in the vehicles. That has helped already. I imagine it will be easier next week when I go back to work. Finally feeling better, I am getting bored. So I find myself spending a lot of time on my deck... :whistle: But the important thing is that we are all trying and we are all more aware of the smoke, the smell and the damage it does to our health. I believe the classes are in the middle of October and they give either the patches or the gum for free.....

Nanny Pam

HillBillyChick said:
Well, I come from a household of smokers so we are all making baby steps right now. No smoking in the house. No smoking in the vehicles. That has helped already. I imagine it will be easier next week when I go back to work. Finally feeling better, I am getting bored. So I find myself spending a lot of time on my deck... :whistle: But the important thing is that we are all trying and we are all more aware of the smoke, the smell and the damage it does to our health. I believe the classes are in the middle of October and they give either the patches or the gum for free.....
The last time my granddaughter came to visit, her hair smelled like cotton candy! I was so happy. Crabcake says...isn't it great she doesn't smell like smoke anymore.
You CAN do this. It was hard for me....it is hard for everyone.
HillbillyChick....hang in there. You can do this!

Vince

Quit in '92. Hardest and best thing I've ever done. Took a no smoking type course on the base and used the patch. Now they have better stuff like the pills.

bdh802

Bob
HillBillyChick said:

I quit cold turkey about 16 years ago. I am sure I'll never smoke again. It wasn't easy at first but before I knew it, I had myself convinced that I'd vomit if I tried to smoke again. I'm not sure how I did it but I truly think I'd get sick if I tried to smoke a cig. Life is so much better without that habit. Maybe someday I'll work on the other bad habits..... :lmao: