Quran 11:110-123 Heaven is our treat!

seekeroftruth

Quran 11:110. We gave Moses the Scripture, but it was disputed. Were it not for a prior word from your Lord, it would have been settled between them. They are in serious doubt concerning it.
111. Your Lord will repay each one of them in full for their deeds. He is Aware of everything they do.
112. So be upright, as you are commanded, along with those who repented with you, and do not transgress. He is Seeing of everything you do.
113. And do not incline towards those who do wrong, or the Fire may touch you; and you will have no protectors besides God, and you will not be saved.
114. Perform the prayer at the borders of the day, and during the approaches of the night. The good deeds take away the bad deeds. This is a reminder for those who remember.
115. And be patient. God will not waste the reward of the virtuous.
116. If only there were, among the generations before you, people with wisdom, who spoke against corruption on earth—except for the few whom We saved. But the wrongdoers pursued the luxuries they were indulged in, and thus became guilty.
117. Your Lord would never destroy the towns wrongfully, while their inhabitants are righteous.
118. Had your Lord willed, He could have made humanity one community, but they continue to differ.
119. Except those on whom your Lord has mercy—for that reason He created them. The Word of your Lord is final: “I will fill Hell with jinn and humans, altogether.”
120. Everything We narrate to you of the history of the messengers is to strengthen your heart therewith. The truth has come to you in this, and a lesson, and a reminder for the believers.
121. And say to those who do not believe, “Act according to your ability; and so will we.”
122. “And wait; we too are waiting.”
123. To God belongs the future of the heavens and the earth, and to Him all authority goes back. So worship Him, and rely on Him. Your Lord is never unaware of what you do.

Here's the commentary.

Not only is man forbidden to do any wrong himself, but he should keep himself at a safe distance from wrong and refrain from leaning towards the wrongdoers.
The times of prayer are clearly indicated in this verse. Of the two ends of the day, the first is the fajr, or the prayer before sunrise, and the second includes the ˚uhr, or the early afternoon, and the ‘a©r, or the later afternoon, prayers. In the first hours of the night we have the maghrib, or the after sunset prayer, and the ‘ishå’, or the prayer before going to bed. The two afternoon prayers and the two after sunset prayers, which are spoken of together, may under exceptional circumstances be said together​
We are told here that God does not destroy people unjustly; He destroys them only when they act corruptly and make mischief in the land. He would not destroy them if they act well, whatever their beliefs. Most of the commentators take the word ˚ulm here as meaning shirk, the significance being that God would not destroy people, even though they were guilty of shirk, provided they acted well. The translation in this case would be, thy Lord would not destroy the towns for wrong beliefs, while their people acted well. It should be noted that the word ˚ulm is very broad in its significance. According to R, ˚ulm is of three kinds: (1) as between man and Allåh, the greatest of which is kufr or disbelief and shirk or polytheism; this would, of course, include all wrong beliefs with regard to the Divine Being; (2) as between man and man, which would include all kinds of transgressions involving a violation of the rights of others; (3) as between man and his own self, which would include all kinds of guilty action injurious not to others but to man’s own self.​
God does not force men to one particular belief; He has given them the choice to accept or reject the truth.
Here it is clearly stated that Allåh created all men to have mercy on them. By His mercy He guides some to the right path, while to others, who go over to evil and make themselves deserving of hell, mercy will come only after suffering. It is by their own hands that they get into distress and difficulty, while Allåh has mercy on them in extricating them from it.
Because they went against the ways which Allåh had mercifully shown to them, therefore they must pass through another ordeal, so that they may be purged of evil and made fit for spiritual progress.

Yesterday my daughter was out walking her two dogs. Actually, she jogs with her dogs on leash. Yesterday.... two chihuahuas were loose and those stupid little dogs decided they didn't like my daughter jogging with her two dogs.... and they charged the oldest one. Now the oldest one has a little bit of pit in her..... so she could have done a lot of damage..... but she just gave that little yapper a couple of good shakes.... without breaking skin.... and allowed those two yappers to run home with their tails between their legs. My daughter told me her second dog was happy to watch and learn during this whole event. Had he joined in, there would have been two shaken yappers.... but he stayed out of the tussle.

I think my daughter's dogs are a good example of what these verses are saying. We should try to avoid problems. My daughter's dogs were doing what they love to do..... they were walking [jogging] with their alpha.... like us communing with God in the Garden. While those little yapping chihuahuas are like the unbelievers who refuse to follow the rules and want to take on anyone who comes around. Those little yappers had to be taught the rules. My daughter's dog was willing to give them a lesson.... put them through a little hell. She might not have broken skin..... but I don't know why not... my daughter said she handed out a shaking severe enough to leave that yapper wobbling when she put her back down. She put that little yapper through a little hell.

According to the Quran.... when we do something wrong once in a while.... it can be forgiven. If those little yappers had just barked.... they would not have been shaken. But they were not there to be mouthy.... they were breaking the rules. They were shown a glimpse of hell.... but they were released. It's ok if you do something wrong.... accidents happen. We fail.

The last verse says it all. God is in charge. He knows when we are going to get in a fix.... and He keeps an eye out to see how we will react to that fix. If we don't break the skin.... we are showing restraint and He appreciates our decision to try to be a good human.

When my daughter's dogs got home.... they got an extra treat.

Heaven is our treat!

☕