Quran 11:49-57 "Come in out of the rain"

seekeroftruth

Quran 11:49. These are some stories from the past that we reveal to you. Neither you, nor your people knew them before this. So be patient. The future belongs to the pious.
50. And to Aad, their brother Hud. He said, “O my people, worship God, you have no other god besides Him. You do nothing but invent lies.”
51. “O my people, I ask you no wage for it; my wage lies with Him who originated me. Do you not understand?”
52. “O my people, ask forgiveness from your Lord, and repent to Him. He will release the sky pouring down upon you, and will add strength to your strength. And do not turn away and be wicked.”
53. They said, “O Hud, you did not bring us any evidence, and we are not about to abandon our gods at your word, and we are not believers in you.”
54. “We only say that some of our gods have possessed you with evil.” He said, “I call God to witness, and you to witness, that I am innocent of what you associate.
55. Besides Him. So scheme against me, all of you, and do not hesitate.
56. I have placed my trust in God, my Lord and your Lord. There is not a creature but He holds it by the forelock. My Lord is on a straight path.
57. If you turn away, I have conveyed to you what I was sent to you with; and my Lord will replace you with another people, and you will not cause Him any harm. My Lord is Guardian over all things.”

Here's the commentary.

The announcement relating to the unseen is not the history of Noah, but the fate of the opponents of the Holy Prophet, as read in that history. The words that follow — be patient — are a clear indication, for patient waiting was needed for the fate of the Prophet’s opponents, not for anything relating to Noah’s history. At the end of the last section there is also a similar reference to the opponents of the Holy Prophet; compare also the 26th chapter, in which the history of every prophet is concluded with the words: “Surely there is a sign in this, yet most of them believe not”, where the fate of the opponents of the Holy Prophet is indicated as being identical with the fate of those who opposed earlier prophets.

My Lord is on the right path signifies that He does not deviate from justice so that He should destroy the righteous or that the iniquitous should escape His punishment.​

Welcome to another Sunday! I still appreciate all those who are clicking on what I post every morning. Thank you for keeping me in studies.

Yesterday morning I got Jonah and Noah mixed up. I meant to type Jonah told the people of Nineveh... and instead I typed Noah told the people of Nineveh. I had to go back and change it. This is a chapter called Hud but it's about Noah. Jonah had to battle the big fish.... Noah had to battle a big flood.... but Hud... he had to battle ignorant hate.

So I had the Bible water stories on my mind. On top of that....I am learning "the rest of the story" from the Quran as well.

Hud was a prophet. Like Jonah or Noah or Isaiah or Ezekiel in the Bible.... Hud was on earth to warn people about impending doom.

According to what we read yesterday... Noah's flood started with a volcanic eruption!

According to what I saw in the video below....Hud was a grandson or great grandson of Noah. He was one of Shem's offspring. Hud warned the people to stop worshipping shiny objects.... riches and power. People told him to to shut up.... they knew they were right.... and they were prepared for anything. They had the ability to pound on their pulpit and make their god perform the way they wanted him to. They were rich and powerful.....

In another video.... it shows Hud took the Believers into a cave to ride the storm out. They were the only ones who survived the storm.

They had sense enough to come in out of the rain.

☕