Quran 11:69-83 and Sarah laughed and laughed...

seekeroftruth

Quran 11: 69. Our messengers came to Abraham with good news. They said, “Peace.” He said, “Peace.” Soon after, he came with a roasted calf.
70. But when he saw their hands not reaching towards it, he became suspicious of them, and conceived a fear of them. They said, “Do not fear, we were sent to the people of Lot.”
71. His wife was standing by, so she laughed. And We gave her good news of Isaac; and after Isaac, Jacob.
72. She said, “Alas for me. Shall I give birth, when I am an old woman, and this, my husband, is an old man? This is truly a strange thing.”
73. They said, “Do you marvel at the decree of God? The mercy and blessings of God are upon you, O people of the house. He is Praiseworthy and Glorious.”
74. When Abraham's fear subsided, and the good news had reached him, he started pleading with Us concerning the people of Lot.
75. Abraham was gentle, kind, penitent.
76. “O Abraham, refrain from this. The command of your Lord has come; they have incurred an irreversible punishment.”
77. And when Our envoys came to Lot, he was anxious for them, and concerned for them. He said, “This is a dreadful day.”
78. And his people came rushing towards him—they were in the habit of committing sins. He said, “O my people, these are my daughters; they are purer for you. So fear God, and do not embarrass me before my guests. Is there not one reasonable man among you?”
79. They said, “You know well that we have no right to your daughters, and you know well what we want.”
80. He said, “If only I had the strength to stop you, or could rely on some strong support.”
81. They said, “O Lot, we are the envoys of your Lord; they will not reach you. So set out with your family during the cover of the night, and let none of you look back, except for your wife. She will be struck by what will strike them. Their appointed time is the morning. Is not the morning near?”
82. And when Our command came about, We turned it upside down, and We rained down on it stones of baked clay.
83. Marked from your Lord, and never far from the wrongdoers.

Here's the commentary....

Elsewhere it is made clear that the news of the birth of a son was given to Abraham first: “So he conceived fear of them. They said: Fear not. And they gave him good news of a boy possessing knowledge. Then his wife came up in grief, and she smote her face and said: A barren old woman!”. This explains Sarah’s wonder as stated in v. 71. It was after receiving the good news of the birth of a son that Abraham was informed of the destruction of Lot’s people. The statement made further on in v. 71 that Sarah was given the good news of the birth of a son is by way of reassurance on her expression of wonder, and to give the further news of a son’s son, Jacob.
Lot, it appears from Gen. 19:9, was a stranger in the city: “This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge,” and the messengers being strangers, the townsmen would not allow him to keep them. Lot offered his daughters as hostages so that he might be allowed to keep his guests with him, for according to he had not permission to allow any stranger to come under his roof: “Did we not forbid thee from people?” i.e. from giving shelter to them. This may have been due to the constant danger of tribal fighting. Another view is that Lot offered his daughters for marriage, as thus he would not be a stranger among them but would be one of them. Some commentators have suggested that Lot did not point to his real daughters, but to women of the tribe, because a prophet would speak of the women of his tribe as his daugthers, and in that case he did no more than point to the natural relation of man and woman. The answer of his people seems, however, to relate to his daughters.

Compare Gen. 19:26.​
It was a severe earthquake, which so utterly demolished the cities as to turn them upside down. In 15:73 it is called ©aiƒah, i.e., the rumbling that precedes an earthquake. The raining down of stones might have been the result of a volcanic eruption which was accompanied by an earthquake.​
In the Bible... Abraham tried to make the three strangers give Sodom another chance..... but it didn't work. In the Bible there's a long discussion about "if there are good men in the town".... and then he tried to make it so that if one guy was good.... save the town... but the three strangers told Abraham they would go in and get Lot out.

Now why in the world would Lot offer up his daughters? He knew the townspeople were there for the three strangers. The town's leaders knew that there were three strangers in town and they figured them to be spies. The people of Sodom.... were afraid the three strangers were like a scouting troop from another tribe. This was political....

Now the Bible makes it seem like the strangers were accosted by fagots. That always threw the conversation away from the conversations about offering up his daughters. In Sunday School I was taught that Lot's daughter was left dying on the front stoop after being gang raped by the townspeople. That made no sense when combined with the homosexual part of their story.

Here it seems to say that Lot offered his three daughters in marriage, bringing the strangers into the tribe through marriage. Which would make the whole story clearer. At any rate.... Lot and his family had to run.... and Lot's wife would not make it.... because she would be "unwilling" to leave her home.

There was an earthquake..... there was a volcanic eruption..... slowpokes got covered with volcanic ash..... and suffocated.

On the good side of the verses.... the three strangers told Abraham and Sarah that they would have a son and a grandson.....

and Sarah laughed and laughed.....

☕