Quran 12:94-111 Sometimes it's Ironic!

seekeroftruth

Quran 12:94. As the caravan set out, their father said, “I sense the presence of Joseph, though you may think I am senile.
95. They said, “By God, you are still in your old confusion.”
96. Then, when the bearer of good news arrived, he laid it over his face, and he regained his sight. He said, “Did I not say to you that I know from God what you do not know?”
97. They said, “Father, pray for the forgiveness of our sins; we were indeed at fault.
98. He said, “I will ask my Lord to forgive you. He is the Forgiver, the Most Merciful.”
99. Then, when they entered into the presence of Joseph, he embraced his parents, and said, “Enter Egypt, God willing, safe and secure.”
100. And he elevated his parents on the throne, and they fell prostrate before him. He said, “Father, this is the fulfillment of my vision of long ago. My Lord has made it come true. He has blessed me, when he released me from prison, and brought you out of the wilderness, after the devil had sown conflict between me and my brothers. My Lord is Most Kind towards whomever He wills. He is the All-knowing, the Most Wise.”
101. “My Lord, You have given me some authority, and taught me some interpretation of events. Initiator of the heavens and the earth; You are my Protector in this life and in the Hereafter. Receive my soul in submission, and unite me with the righteous.”
102. This is news from the past that We reveal to you. You were not present with them when they plotted and agreed on a plan.
103. But most people, for all your eagerness, are not believers.
104. You ask them no wage for it. It is only a reminder for all mankind.
105. How many a sign in the heavens and the earth do they pass by, paying no attention to them?
106. And most of them do not believe in God unless they associate others.
107. Do they feel secure that a covering of God’s punishment will not come upon them, or that the Hour will not come upon them suddenly, while they are unaware?
108. Say, “This is my way; I invite to God, based on clear knowledge—I and whoever follows me. Glory be to God; and I am not of the polytheists.”
109. We did not send before you except men, whom We inspired, from the people of the towns. Have they not roamed the earth and seen the consequences for those before them? The Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?
110. Until, when the messengers have despaired, and thought that they were rejected, Our help came to them. We save whomever We will, and Our severity is not averted from the guilty people.
111. In their stories is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not a fabricated tale, but a confirmation of what came before it, and a detailed explanation of all things, and guidance, and mercy for people who believe.

There was quite a bit of commentary this morning.

When the caravan in which were Joseph’s brethren departed from Egypt, Jacob again received assurance from on high about Joseph, so he said to those about him that he scented the power of Joseph. Jacob knew that Joseph was alive and of this he informed his sons again and again, but he now told them further that he had received an assurance from God that Joseph occupied a high position.​
Leah was Rachel’s elder sister and a wife of Jacob (Gen. 29:16–28). The fact that Rachel was dead in no way contradicts this statement, because Leah would be Joseph’s mother in both capacities, as his mother’s sister and as his father’s wife.​
The royal throne is not meant here, for Joseph himself did not sit on the royal throne. Joseph raised his parents to his own raised seat; or the meaning may be that he placed them in a good position. Compare Gen. 47:11: “And Joseph placed his father and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land”.​
Seeing the highly dignified position to which Joseph had been raised in Egypt, they all fell prostrate before God as a mark of thanksgiving. Joseph speaks of this, i.e. of the dignity to which he was raised, as the fulfilment of his vision. This is made clear in the verse that follows.​
The personal pronouns, if not rightly understood, quite distort the sense of the passage. The messengers warn their people, but the latter are so stubborn that the messengers at length despair of their people benefiting by the warning. The people, on the other hand, deem, on account of the delay of the punishment, that what the prophets had spoken to them about the coming of the punishment was a lie. Then it is that the promised help for the prophets comes and the punishment with which the evildoers are threatened overtakes them. That the prophets never despair of Divine assistance coming to them, in accordance with Divine promise, is clear from what has already been said in v. 87: “Surely none despairs of Allåh’s mercy except the disbelieving people.”

I think what this is saying is... "Sometimes it's Ironic!"

Back in Genesis 35, Rachel never got to see Benjamin running after his big brother Joseph. Rachel died in childbirth.

So... the commentary is giving Leah a compliment.... she is called Joseph's parent. She's one of the ultimate stepmothers.

Then again.... her sons did sell her stepson into slavery.... I wonder if she knew! I wonder if Rueben confided in her when he was feeling regretful.

Anyway.... the story goes on.... about how Jacob always knew Joseph was alive. When that shirt [the one Joseph sent back with Rueben] fell on his face.... he knew Joseph had made it big in Egypt. I'm sure Jacob noticed the craftsmanship.... the shirt was sewn for the head of the treasury of the Pharaoh.... of course it was top notch.

Does anyone else see the irony here? Jacob made Joseph a coat of many colors..... that was sent back to Jacob to describe a horrid scenario.... and then Joseph sent a shirt back to Jacob.... that was sent to set things right again>>>> does anyone notice that irony?

I don't think it was lost on those who put the Quran together. The last couple verses seem to sum that part up for me. What happened to Jacob and Joseph in the past should serve as a reminder to us all. God is in charge.... He's running things.

What are the odds.... Jacob's son would be taken from him in such a heartbreaking story..... to be returned to him in all that Glory?!?

God will do whatever He desires. Joseph's brothers bowed to him after they thought he was long gone.

God will do whatever He desires. Joseph's misfortune brought him high stature in Egypt.... he was in prison... an innocent man.... and he was raised to a high seat.

God will do whatever He desires. Jacob knew his son was still alive.... he could feel it in his bones.... Jacob was in a horrible famine.... and his son rescued him.

God will do whatever He desires. Sometimes it's Ironic!

☕