Quran 13:19-26 Shining a fake halo

seekeroftruth

Quran 13:19. Is he who knows that what was revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, like him who is blind? Only those who reason will remember.
20. Those who fulfill the promise to God, and do not violate the agreement.
21. And those who join what God has commanded to be joined, and fear their Lord, and dread the dire reckoning.
22. And those who patiently seek the presence of their Lord, and pray regularly, and spend from Our provisions to them, secretly and openly, and repel evil with good. These will have the Ultimate Home.
23. Everlasting Gardens, which they will enter, along with the righteous among their parents, and their spouses, and their descendants. And the angels will enter upon them from every gate.
24. “Peace be upon you, because you endured patiently. How excellent is the Final Home.”
25. As for those who violate the promise to God, after pledging to keep it, and sever what God has commanded to be joined, and spread corruption on earth—these, the curse will be upon them, and they will have the Worst Home.
26. God dispenses the provisions to whomever He wills, and restricts. And they delight in the worldly life; yet the worldly life, compared to the Hereafter, is only enjoyment.
Here's the commentary.

While the previous verse deals with man’s duty to his Maker, this treats of the relations with His creatures. “What Allåh has bidden to be joined” includes all those ties of love and relationship which Allåh has taught man to observe and keep inviolate.​

Patience in trials and sufferings is only one of the ideas which the word ©abr conveys. According to R, ©abr is the keeping oneself constrained to that which reason or law requires, or the withholding from that from which it requires to withhold.​
Evil is a thing which is by all means to be repelled, and hence good for evil is recommended only in cases when evil would be repelled by that good. Unconditionally requiting evil with good would abolish all safeguards; evildoers who received nothing but good for every evil they committed would most assuredly establish a condition of anarchy by their evil deeds. Elsewhere it is said: whoever forgives and amends.
Good morning. If you are still reading... thanks for keeping me honest.

This morning I started to add in a few more verses. The verses posted here and the commentary that goes with these verses seemed to be so short. If the postings are too short.... it'll take forever to get through all the Quran. I'm turning 71 in a couple of weeks and I don't have time for anything that "takes forever".... but wait... Heaven is going to take forever.... OK... I take that back.

So I decided to take the prompt of the commentary and cut the verses at the minor number.... and then I started to read.... oh my..... it's about knowing the difference between good and evil! Heavy topic..... right?

This is about "why" there is good and evil. We need the good..... we need to yearn for it. We shouldn't yearn for it because it's "supposed" to be yearned for.... we need to yearn for it because we want to. We need to choose it and stick with it.

But if we have no evil..... how would we recognize the good... in order to choose it. If good and evil look the same.... how do you choose?

Good Christians use to live in the Brothels. That's where Paul did a lot of his work.... in Brothels.... working with male and female prostitutes. They became believers and they gave money to the churches back in Jerusalem. That's from the Bible. So there were good people living in evil places.

There were also people in those Brothels who were mean, evil people. They pretended to be whatever they needed to be to get whatever they wanted. They chose evil because it "pays so well". They might have thrown some coin in the collection hat for the poor babies back in Jerusalem.... horrid people give to good causes all the time.... to make their fake halo shine.... but they were not choosing to help their fellow humans.... they were shining their fake halo. There are evil people shining fake halos in churches all over the world today too. Evil people mix in with good people all the time.

Humans always "talk" about right and wrong. Some humans choose wrong and call it the alt-wrong making it right in their minds.

Humans will "agree" to be good.... but then most will just go back to what they were doing..... shining their own fake halo.

So... today I am going to check on my halo.... to see if it is real. I don't mind spending my days shining a halo.... after all I'm getting old.

Check it out.... who is shining a fake halo?

☕