Quran 2:131-140 Better than God?

seekeroftruth

Quran 2:131. When his Lord said to him, “Submit!” He said, “I have submitted to the Lord of the Worlds.”
132. And Abraham exhorted his sons, and Jacob, “O my sons, God has chosen this religion for you, so do not die unless you have submitted.”
133. Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, and he said to his sons, “What will you worship after Me?” They said, “We will worship your God, and the God of your fathers, Abraham, Ishmael, and Isaac; One God; and to Him we submit.”
134. That was a community that has passed; for them is what they have earned, and for you is what you have earned; and you will not be questioned about what they used to do.
135. And they say, “Be Jews or Christians, and you will be guided.” Say, “Rather, the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist; he was not an idolater.”
136. Say, “We believe in God; and in what was revealed to us; and in what was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus; and in what was given to the prophets—from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we surrender.”
137. If they believe in the same as you have believed in, then they have been guided. But if they turn away, then they are in schism. God will protect you against them; for He is the Hearer, the Knower.
138. God’s coloring. And who gives better coloring than God? “And we are devoted to Him.”
139. Say, “Do you argue with us about God, when He is our Lord and your Lord, and We have our works, and you have your works, and we are sincere to Him?”
140. Or do you say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs were Jews or Christians? Say, “Do you know better, or God?” And who does greater wrong than he who conceals a testimony he has from God? God is not unaware of what you do.

The commentary I am using....compares the worship of Jews, Christians, Muslims and the rest of the religions. According to the commentary... only the Muslims have continued to worship God without worshiping idols. I know there are a lot of Christians and Jews that center their world around money [little golden idols]. While people are starving, they are buying that new podium or having new pews carved.... because "as Jesus said... 'there will always be starving people.... 'but this podium and these new pews are for the church!".

According to the commentary I am using..... while the children of Ishmael are accepting of all religions, who put their faith in God..... the Jews and the Christians are critical of the Muslims. The Jews reject the descendants of Ishmael.... claiming that only the descendants of Isaac or Jacob to be the real "chosen". The Christians reject the Muslims because the Christians have a "friendly" religion.... whenever the descendants of Ishmael try to get involved.... they are rebuffed.... the "chosen" and "friendly" are not so pleasant to the "bastard" son, Ishmael.

These verses beg the question.... who are you to tell me what religion pleases God? God told us He was going to bless Ishmael and his family..... who are we to continue to push back..... are we holier than God?

☕