Quran 20:116-128 Thankful today!?!

seekeroftruth

Quran 20:116. And when We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” They bowed down, except for Satan; he refused.
117. We said, “O Adam, this is an enemy to you and to your wife. So do not let him make you leave the Garden, for then you will suffer.
118. In it you will never go hungry, nor be naked.
119. Nor will you be thirsty in it, nor will you swelter.”
120. But Satan whispered to him. He said, “O Adam, shall I show you the Tree of Immortality, and a kingdom that never decays?”
121. And so they ate from it; whereupon their bodies became visible to them, and they started covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. Thus Adam disobeyed his Lord, and fell.
122. But then his Lord recalled him, and pardoned him, and guided him.
123. He said, “Go down from it, altogether; some of you enemies of some others. But whenever guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance, will not go astray, nor suffer.
124. But whoever turns away from My Reminder, for him is a confined life. And We will raise him on the Day of Resurrection blind.”
125. He will say, “My Lord, why did You raise me blind, though I was seeing?”
126. He will say, “Just as Our revelations came to you, and you forgot them, today you will be forgotten.”
127. Thus We recompense him who transgresses and does not believe in the revelations of his Lord. The punishment of the Hereafter is more severe, and more lasting.
128. Is it not instructive to them, how many generations before them We destroyed, in whose settlements they walk? Surely in that are signs for people of understanding.

Here's the commentary.

The garden of which a picture is given here is an earthly garden in which all the comforts necessary for a man are made available to him. The words thou art not hungry therein should be read along with what is said elsewhere: And eat from it a plenteous food wherever you wish. Allegorically it signifies a state of contentment or rest in which there is no yearning either to good or to evil, being as it were a state of inertia, devoid of exertion or ambition.
Ghawå means his life became evil to him. It is also interpreted as meaning he was disappointed, or he acted ignorantly. It should be noted that, while in the picture of the garden drawn above in vv. 118 and 119 mention is made of four things, the consequence of getting out of that state is only one, the becoming manifest to them of their evil inclinations or their shame. An explanation of this is found in 7:26, where it is said: “O children of Adam, We have indeed sent down to you clothing to cover your shame and (clothing) for beauty; and clothing that guards against evil — that is the best”. Thus it is the clothing that guards against evil that is really spoken of here, and by the manifestation of the shame is meant the consciousness of having done something evil. The allegorical nature of what is so often related as the story of Adam is thus evident. It will be further seen that the remedy pointed out is of a spiritual nature, as here in vv. 123 and 124 and in 2:38. This shows that the spiritual aspect of man’s life and not the physical one is the real theme of Adam’s story.
The man who shuts his eyes to the Reminder leads a straitened life because he does not receive spiritual blessings. It is only a contented mind that brings ease and comfort to man, and contentment comes only through faith in God.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's verses are about the warning given way back in the beginning. God gave us life so we could decide to worship Him. God created everything and He wants someone to notice and thank Him for it.

Today is Thanksgiving..... at most tables today.... according to the Hallmark ads.... American will stuff themselves with stuffed food.... and then pop our belts open and relax. In most American homes today.... they will pop open a button at the top of their pants and say.... "Oh that was good" or "Oh I can't eat another bite" or "I want to leave room for pie!". We thank the host.... the cook..... for this meal.

God says.... a good human.... one God would be proud to show off to Satan..... would be thankful to Him for everything, everywhere.

Yesterday I learned the US Space Force is going to try to shoot a rocket at a rock in space in order to send it on another path. Oh I am so thankful for the human mind. With that mind, created by God, man is capable of messing with anything in creation.

I'm thankful this morning for those who monitor this site. I'm thankful for those who read the forums on this site. I'm thankful for numbers on the "seen by" line that keep me posting and learning.

I'm thankful for everything this morning. God has made so many good changes in my life.

I'm even thankful for being blinded in one eye. It has added new adventures to my life. Being blind won't let the world get boring.... there's always a corner or a shelf waiting to scrape the skin off my arms or hands to be wary of.... no more boring day to day world. Now I get to avoid danger with every project. I get to learn a new center for my line of sight. My brain gets to figure out a new way to figure out depth. Oh and it gives me something to look for in the verses.

I'm thankful I have God.

Thankful today!?!

☕